Allure of the Seas - TV HDMI accessible?

rotman253

8 minutes ago, rotman253 said:

Hey,
About to set sail in 3 week, I plan to hook my tablet to the HDMI port so we'll be able to watch some netflix. 
Is this going to work?
Thanks

The HDMI ports are accessible in the suites, not sure about other categories. You may need to get a universal remote to switch to the HDMI ports however.

36 minutes ago, ATSEAMYLIFE said:

Somewhat true, we had an OS and I could get to the HDMI in the living room they were not accessible in the bedroom.  

Not sure how it is on Allure, but on Harmony there is a looped cable in the back of the bedroom TV that allows you to release the bottom of the TV and tilt it out just enough to connect an HDMI cable. We had one of their techies show us how to do that.

1 hour ago, orville99 said:

Not sure how it is on Allure, but on Harmony there is a looped cable in the back of the bedroom TV that allows you to release the bottom of the TV and tilt it out just enough to connect an HDMI cable. We had one of their techies show us how to do that.

you mean Harmony's crew showed you how to connect your own HDMI?

2 hours ago, orville99 said:

Not sure how it is on Allure, but on Harmony there is a looped cable i

Been the same on both OS we had on Allure and Oasis, can't move the one TV and can't feel for the HDMI.  The other TV was pretty easy.  I thought I read somewhere RCCL was going to install Chromecast on some newer ships to resolve this issue.  

• Like 1

21 hours ago, ATSEAMYLIFE said:

Been the same on both OS we had on Allure and Oasis, can't move the one TV and can't feel for the HDMI.  The other TV was pretty easy.  I thought I read somewhere RCCL was going to install Chromecast on some newer ships to resolve this issue.  

What se found out from the tech was that they have to have a way to unmount those TVs if they have to work on them, and the cable releases the catch on the bottom of the TV so it can be lifted off of its top mount.

3 hours ago, orville99 said:

What se found out from the tech was that they have to have a way to unmount those TVs if they have to work on them, and the cable releases the catch on the bottom of the TV so it can be lifted off of its top mount.

To much work, I can find enough to do without it.  

On 9/19/2022 at 1:35 AM, ATSEAMYLIFE said:

I just got off the Odyssey, Chromecast was available.
You select 'streaming services' on the Home screen of your cabin TV, it then gives you url and a code that you need to open up and encode on your device (phone, laptop, ...). Once done they give you the Id of the Chromecast associated to you and it opens up on the TV.
I might be mistaken but it doesn't look like the chromecast is in your tv, it looks like it's somewhere on the network, when you open up that url it gets somehow associated to you and the tv, the network access gets opened, you are then able to see it on your device, and it pops up on the tv.
(everytime you do the process you get a different chromecast id, if you do it in quick succession you end up seeing for a short period of time all the ids on your device)

On 9/20/2022 at 7:55 AM, darthvadrouw said:

I just got off the Odyssey, Chromecast was available.
You select 'streaming services' on the Home screen of your cabin TV, it then gives you url and a code that you need to open up and encode on your device (phone, laptop, ...). Once done they give you the Id of the Chromecast associated to you and it opens up on the TV.
I might be mistaken but it doesn't look like the chromecast is in your tv, it looks like it's somewhere on the network, when you open up that url it gets somehow associated to you and the tv, the network access gets opened, you are then able to see it on your device, and it pops up on the tv.
(everytime you do the process you get a different chromecast id, if you do it in quick succession you end up seeing for a short period of time all the ids on your device)

but isn't this forcing me to have an internet package?
What if I want to stream from netflix in offline mode?

1 hour ago, rotman253 said:

What if I want to stream from netflix in offline mode?

You'll want to bring an HDMI cable and hope you can hook it up to the TV, like you would need to do on the other 23 ships which don't have the feature Odyssey has (wireless streaming to the TV).