Costa MyExploration [SCAM] - Most of the interesting excursions are blacked out

Aeroplex

Hello,

I'm cruising on the Costa Favolosa for the 11 night cruise in november this year to interesting destinations like Casablanca, Tanger, Cadiz, Malaga and so on.

On Mycosta there is an offer "MyExploration" - 139€ for 1 full day excursion and 2 half day excursion.

Well sounds nice but most the interesting excursions are blacked out. Even some half day tours for 60€. At some destination everything is blacked out.

Fortunately I should be able to cancel the package until 3 days before the cruise.

Example for Tanger, every excursion are blacked out (you have to pay extra).

1306330342_BlackOut.thumb.JPG.152724757e1efae7533a776f4d6efd43.JPG

What do you think?

Aeroplex

Edited by Aeroplex

• Aeroplex changed the title to Costa MyExploration [SCAM] - Most of the interesting excursions are blacked out

I have booked this package for the World Cruise 2023 and am very happy with it, but there had been plenty more destinations to choose included excursions from. On the 2023 Cruise we also got a 25 % discount on all the excursions booked at the regular rate, which came out to quite a lot of savings. Can't read the small print, so don't know whether you have any discount offered on any other excursions.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/19/2022 at 5:21 AM, Aeroplex said:

Hello,

I'm cruising on the Costa Favolosa for the 11 night cruise in november this year to interesting destinations like Casablanca, Tanger, Cadiz, Malaga and so on.

On Mycosta there is an offer "MyExploration" - 139€ for 1 full day excursion and 2 half day excursion.

Well sounds nice but most the interesting excursions are blacked out. Even some half day tours for 60€. At some destination everything is blacked out.

Fortunately I should be able to cancel the package until 3 days before the cruise.

Example for Tanger, every excursion are blacked out (you have to pay extra).

1306330342_BlackOut.thumb.JPG.152724757e1efae7533a776f4d6efd43.JPG

What do you think?

Aeroplex

I rang them in June as I was unable to book  - and was told that these excursions are not offered on cruises between 8 and 12 nights long..  Are you looking at the cruise that starts on November 7 ?  We are on that cruise and I am still not able to book this package.

Edited by Janet&Carl

48 minutes ago, Janet&Carl said:

I rang them in June as I was unable to book  - and was told that these excursions are not offered on cruises between 8 and 12 nights long..  Are you looking at the cruise that starts on November 7 ?  We are on that cruise and I am still not able to book this package.

Thats correct. 7. Nov - 18. Nov.

I can book and cancel all the extras. Including drink packages, excursions etc. etc. 

Here in Germany, the 3 excursion package is 139€. But many half day or full day excursions are blacked out. 

Edited by Aeroplex

4 minutes ago, Aeroplex said:

Thats correct. 7. Nov - 18. Nov.

I can book and cancel all the extras. Including drink packages, excursions etc. etc. 

Here in Germany, the 3 excursion package is 139€. But many half day or full day excursions are blacked out. 

Have you tried to book it ? - I get a message that it is unavailable - would be interested to know if it can be booked.  I just tried again with no luck.

Just now, Janet&Carl said:

Have you tried to book it ? - I get a message that it is unavailable - would be interested to know if it can be booked.  I just tried again with no luck.

Reserved , Doesn't it look like this on your side?A.thumb.JPG.9226d34008093b9fa1265d27fce07474.JPG

On 9/19/2022 at 2:09 PM, Wansbrough said:

Why do you feel the need to book a ships excursion? Google is a wonderful tool which can put you in touch with many local guides and company's.

I usually research excursions on various sites (the advantages of being retired and having all this free time) and noticed that Costa Cruise lines excursions are really reasonable. For example Gibraltar and the rock is Euro 33.75, could not find it any cheaper on tripadvisor, viatar and so on. Saw on one Luxury liner the question whether a ship-excursion was worth $ 299.00 (forgot where to) what they will be charged extra and I was being charged on Costa less then $ 100.00. Besides not having to pay for the tour if at last minute the ship doesn't dock in the port I also have the peace of mind that if the tour is delayed the ship will wait for me. And being traveling solo the excursions with the ship are easier anyhow. Seeing so many cruisers aimlessly walking around here in the BVI in Road Town from one parking lot to the next because they figured to just wing it is a constant reminder for me to book excursions when on a cruise to SEE the places I am going to.

By the way for Casablanca and Rabat I am not happy with the tours Costa offers. 

Therefore my plan is to organize my own tour for that day, full day to Casablanca and to Rabat with a local guide. 

Anyone interested ? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Aeroplex said:

Therefore my plan is to organize my own tour for that day, full day to Casablanca and to Rabat with a local guide. 

Anyone interested ? 

You need to post this on a Roll Call, good luck with getting anyone else to join that let alone the tour. 😂

17 hours ago, BVILady said:

I usually research excursions on various sites (the advantages of being retired and having all this free time) and noticed that Costa Cruise lines excursions are really reasonable. For example Gibraltar and the rock is Euro 33.75, could not find it any cheaper on tripadvisor, viatar and so on. Saw on one Luxury liner the question whether a ship-excursion was worth $ 299.00 (forgot where to) what they will be charged extra and I was being charged on Costa less then $ 100.00. Besides not having to pay for the tour if at last minute the ship doesn't dock in the port I also have the peace of mind that if the tour is delayed the ship will wait for me. And being traveling solo the excursions with the ship are easier anyhow. Seeing so many cruisers aimlessly walking around here in the BVI in Road Town from one parking lot to the next because they figured to just wing it is a constant reminder for me to book excursions when on a cruise to SEE the places I am going to.

There are of course exceptions and I fully understand your reasons for preferring an organised ships tour. While the Costa tours maybe reasonably priced, we much prefer the smaller groups with a local guide who can move you around a lot quicker the 40 plus people having to load and off load from coaches every time you stop.

BTW, I admire anyone who cruises solo, so good on you. 👍🏼

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Wansbrough said:

You need to post this on a Roll Call, good luck with getting anyone else to join that let alone the tour. 😂

😉 I am a soul catcher. 

In Norway all the public bus tickets to the Atlantic road were sold out. A bunch of tourist stood there in front of the tourist information. 

I saw a free Taxibus with 16 seats and asked the driver how much to charter the whole bus for a private tour 🙂 

Well the bus was filled within 2 min with tourist 😂 and we had the best private tour ever. We could even negotiate the price 5€ * 16 = 90€ for additional viewpoints. 

Thats why I came up with the idea to charter a bus for Casablanca and Rabat. 

The tour cost 125€ per person. 

I contacted a taxi company and the price for the same tour is now at 50€ + 13€ (Hasan 2 Entry)  = 63€ per Person in a Mini Bus for 15-18 people 🙂 

The tour is more private with more time to enjoy the Medina.

Edited by Aeroplex
  • Like 1

On 10/8/2022 at 6:52 PM, Aeroplex said:

Anyone interested ? 

We are also looking at DIY so let me know what you are up to and we will see if we can join you.

25 minutes ago, Janet&Carl said:

We are also looking at DIY so let me know what you are up to and we will see if we can join you.

I haven’t going deep into detailed planning. Just got some I negotiated rates for 7 seats / 9 seats and 18 seats 🙂 but I will definitely let you know. 

The plan is to negotiate a full day itinerary with at least the same station as Costa do with their tours to Casablanca and Medina. 

+ maybe some hidden place 

+ more time to walk in the Medina or souk 

+ no shopping stops

Edited by Aeroplex
  • Like 1

sounds like our kind of thing - much prefer this to sitting on a big tour bus with a group of french people with a french guide and shoppers who don't stick to the timetable - last costa cruise we hardly had any english speaking guides and lots of people who couldnt tell the time which resulted in us waiting for them after stops and missing half the itinerary