Iceland and Northern Europe Cruise

Snate

Thanks. We went on a NCL Alaska cruise in June and the cruise critic roll call board never really got going at all. Not sure why it was so dead. Maybe because of covid. The ship was really only half full so there were fewer people to join in. I hope we do better this time. 

15 hours ago, cc-riderslc said:

Thanks. We went on a NCL Alaska cruise in June and the cruise critic roll call board never really got going at all. Not sure why it was so dead. Maybe because of covid. The ship was really only half full so there were fewer people to join in. I hope we do better this time. 

We have had some wonderful meet and greets after roll calls (Princess on a British Isles cruise and HAL on an Eastern Mediterranean cruise). But there have been some that were just the opposite. Our last cruise was in 2018 (in 2019 we did a land trip to Peru and 2020 our booked cruise was of course cancelled due to Covid) on HAL. I joined the roll call as the second one on it, and no one else ever joined. Our last NCL cruise was on the Epic for our 35th anniversary in 2007. There was a large roll call, but a very small turnout for the meet and greet, 2 tables, and even the passenger who set it up did not show up. One table had a few people who had set up excursions together and had to meet to decide where to show up to meet for them. We were the other table with one other couple who remembered that I had said my DW was an art teacher so asked her about what to see in Florence. (She was of course happy to discuss art.) There were officers who showed up, and our small turnout for what was supposed to be a large group was embarrassing.

Somehow we should really be having this discussion in the roll call, but you probably noticed it is basically dead.

We're not on your cruise but, at this time with COVID still around, we're still not planning on joining any meet and greets.  Our health is more important than social activities.  Possibly others feel the same.

• Thanks 1