Best cruise line Without a supplement for solo cruisers

I hope this helps other Passengers that wish to travel and not have to pay double by themselves

I can recall years ago carnival on occasion would give a single rate

no longer the case . The majority of my cruises I’ve been with princess and I have never had a single rate have always paid double.

I have been with NCL that offers single cruise rates without an addendum but until now I’ve never found a line that offers this consistently.

Apparently after 40 cruises I have been asleep at the wheel because celebrity cruise lines is my new go to destination always offering solo cruisers a Single rate without having to pay double.

check them out and choose one person. Hope this helps others and I can’t believe I’ve been in the dark all this time

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Pinnacle Class ships of HAL have a small number of single staterooms and, I think, QM2 does as well.  Don't know about the other two Queens.  

The most affordable time for a solo to sail is the cruise immediately after their New Year's Cruise.  Don't know whether I was still paying a supplement or not, but I have received some excellent pricing for cruises during that week including a paid upgrade to a Signature and then to a Neptune Suite on HAL as well as MSC's Yacht Club.  

I’ve gotten a couple of GREAT deals on Celebrity recently, they have a “no single supplement” promo good on many sailings through March 2023.  I cruise solo in suites, and this has been the best deal I’ve seen in a very long time! 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, BeachBum777 said:

Apparently after 40 cruises I have been asleep at the wheel because celebrity cruise lines is my new go to destination always offering solo cruisers a Single rate without having to pay double.

Don’t get too upset. This is a fairly recent development. I have a friend who has bemoaned paying 200% for years on Celebrity. She finds this “Always Included” particularly onerous because she’s paying for wi-fi, gratuities and drinks for two. And she’s not getting double whatever the OBC offer is at the time! 

Since Celebrity rolled this deal out, she booked an additional cruise for early Spring, making it a B2B2B!! She’s very happy with this!!

• Like 1

On 9/19/2022 at 4:26 PM, brzymom said:

Don’t get too upset. This is a fairly recent development. I have a friend who has bemoaned paying 200% for years on Celebrity. She finds this “Always Included” particularly onerous because she’s paying for wi-fi, gratuities and drinks for two. And she’s not getting double whatever the OBC offer is at the time! 

Since Celebrity rolled this deal out, she booked an additional cruise for early Spring, making it a B2B2B!! She’s very happy with this!!

After chatting with the help desk on something they did mention it's new .That's  why search results are nill on the subject for the line. Hope they keep it up!

2 hours ago, TheycallmeDrew said:

Norwegian has deals sometime with no single supplement. In April I was able to do a mini-suite for same cost as an inside with single supplement.

Been on a few NCL for that very reason. Just not a big fan of that line and the pool decks I have been on. Rooms are cramped closets etc. However if were half i may open my mind like a parachute ..

On 9/18/2022 at 5:07 PM, BeachBum777 said:

I have been with NCL that offers single cruise rates without an addendum but until now I’ve never found a line that offers this consistently.

The bigger NCL ships they also have the studio cabins that are singles only.   

Other lines also have cabins that are singles only, however they tend to be extremely limited in number while NCL has a large number of them on the larger ships.

• Thanks 1

When cruising solo I have been using the RC discount for second cruiser.  Really wish they had a solo cruiser discount or that they had a second cruiser cruises free like they have kids cruise free deals.  I really am more itinerary-driven when choosing so I’ll go regardless.  

Ironic that after 20+ years sailing with Princess and starting this thread , I booked a cheapy out of Galveston back to back at an SOLO Rate  - Jan 29th on Ruby. Could not believe it. I guess they need to raise stock . With $400 on board credit for both plus my CCL $200 bump. They are  paying me to go LOL.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I had a similar idea that I might rethread ... as a newer single (who needs to figure out how to change his picture again LOL) ... would I be better off looking at last minute deals than booking in advance? I've never looked at last minute deals.  I'm turning into a Candian snowbird cliche and I'll be in Florida for the winter til the end of March so far.   I found a decent deal on Princess as well out of Lauderdale for April 1 but I could easily sail out of any Florida port.  

On 10/9/2022 at 7:39 AM, opuscat1 said:

I had a similar idea that I might rethread ... as a newer single (who needs to figure out how to change his picture again LOL) ... would I be better off looking at last minute deals than booking in advance? I've never looked at last minute deals.  I'm turning into a Candian snowbird cliche and I'll be in Florida for the winter til the end of March so far.   I found a decent deal on Princess as well out of Lauderdale for April 1 but I could easily sail out of any Florida port.  

Check out Ruby Princess From Galveston Jan - Feb 2023 insides from $388 solo price Balcony $ 700 ish Booked a full suite @ $2100 solo rate 

FYI Carnival stock CCL is at an all time low $6.28 today. 100 shares will get you an onboard credit of $100 for a seven day. I have saved in advance vs last second. Princess has always been great with lower prices as a credit or cancel and rebook if it's that good with in the time frame 

I'm solo not single Wife would not go on a Carib cruz,  Snooty traveler we do other fun things

• 3 weeks later...

Check out cruiseplum.com. It is not a TA, It is a site that lists deals, including solo supplement deals.

MSC is the HUGE winner right now--they have very low to zero SS on most cruises for as far out as they are booking! 

You can filter by line, level of deal, embarkation port, etc.

I've never sailed MSC...I got a free cruise thru UrComped for Feb...tacked on a 5 day before. 

Balcony, $300 OBC for $466 all in for 1. Plus their drink & internet packages are more affordable than most lines.

A bit nervous to sail a new line...but worth a try!

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, KKB said:

A bit nervous to sail a new line...but worth a try!

When I decided to sail on MSC, I felt the same way, a bit.  But, I was curious about the Line, liked the Italian ambiance that I expected to find, and was looking for "something different" in cruising.  I am very glad that I decided to do so.  I enjoyed my MSC cruise on Meraviglia.  

• Like 1