Airfare credit

jhenry1

I just noticed that the air credit for booking own air on our May cruise on Splendor for next year just increased from 2300 pp to 2580 pp.  I notified my TA and Regent said that would have to increase our cruise price by 210 pp.  I am starting to get very upset with Regent. They certainly are not the same cruise line prior to Covid. Why offer that higher price for air on a cruise that is almost totally waitlisted if not going to honor it?  

Just so I'm sure I understand, did Regent say your cost HAS gone up or WOULD HAVE TO GO up to get the higher air fare credit?  

I imagine the cost of the cruise has risen at least $210 per person to cover the increase in airfare.  So if you are booked at a lower airfare credit, you are also likely booked at a lower cruise cost.  This would be fair.  You would be credited with the amount you are being charged for the flight.  

• Like 1

Kandy, I almost had the opposite problem.  I had taken the credit on a 2024 cruise but after checking for potential frequent flyer or cash tickets realized that I would add the air back on.  I was in no hurry until I started seeing the credits increase.  Sure enough I was able to reverse the $2700 credit to get air and now the credit is $3600.  Of course, I booked this long ago so fares have increased from what I paid.  I was just afraid they were going to charge me the $3600 to add air back.

The issue is that the base fare I paid is actually more than what is listed on their website as the base fare.  Also the suite I booked is sold out as are most all categories or at least waitlisted. Oh well move on and don’t fret the small stuff.

Can you tell me where you see how much you will get air credit?  When we booked our Grandeur suite (while on board), the fine print said $2K air credit, but when I asked about the credit, it was only a portion of that and I though buying it on my own would cost more than the credit.  Does it depend upon the suite you book, or where you are flying to/from?  Have only sailed once on Regent's, so new to its ways.

15 hours ago, Hearthosesteeldrumsplayin said:

Can you tell me where you see how much you will get air credit?  When we booked our Grandeur suite (while on board), the fine print said $2K air credit, but when I asked about the credit, it was only a portion of that and I though buying it on my own would cost more than the credit.  Does it depend upon the suite you book, or where you are flying to/from?  Have only sailed once on Regent's, so new to its ways.

If you look closely at the air credit it  will say something like "UP TO $2000.".  I believe it is based on where you fly from,  but don't really know.  

Edited by papaflamingo

15 hours ago, Hearthosesteeldrumsplayin said:

I believe the air credit is the same for all categories of rooms.  The credit also includes transfers so if you take the credit you need to make most of your own transfers (you can buy them from Regent if you like).  The Regent air program is only from/to specific US cities and I'm not sure if any of those cities are in Tennessee (link to Regent air program details at the bottom).  We've always received the entire listed air credit with no issues (pre Covid), not sure what happened in your case. Good luck.

When you pull up a cruise (see attached Australia cruise ) the air/transfer credit is under the suites, fares and availability section.  In this case.

"A Savings of up to $7,730  per person is available when arranging your own flights and transfers"

https://www.rssc.com/cruises/EXP231222/summary?source=CruiseSearch

Regent air program.

https://www.rssc.com/experience/customize-your-journey/air-program