Just Booked Noordam Leaving Tomorrow!

GMoney

I just booked a very last minute cruise. After looking at all of the RCI options (the line I usually sail), I decided to try HAL's new ship, Noordam, 11 nites to the S. Caribbean out of NYC. Got a great price on a great cabin. Never been on HAL, so it will be interesting to see how HAL stacks up against RCI and Celebrity! We have a superior verandah suite.

No time to do lots of research, but if any of you HAL experts have some quick tips on must do / must see things, I'd appreciate it! Gotta go pack!

BTW - I'm 36 - will I be the youngest person onboard????

Lucky you,

I did a tour on the ship on 2/20 - Beauitful - your suite is the best.

Can I ask what you paid as we are planning to go in the future

i think October 14 - I was looking at category SY - The superior suites are awesome and OH THOSE BEDS. Actually there is young people now

attracted to HAL - I am only 44 and I love them.

Dave

Bon Voyage!

Hope you have a great cruise.

What about the business that manifests must be submitted 72 hours in advance for security? Perhaps that has been done away with?

Sail..I believe this misconception originated on this board..I don't believe that ever was the case..You can book right up to departure if there is space abvailable..Security does not look at outgoing manifests..If you have a passport you can leave the country at any time unless you are on the FBI/Police etc. wanted list.. Then Law enforcement sometimes contacts the ailines &/or cruise lines to see if so & so is booked..They will arrest that person at check-in if they are on a wanted list..

Hal's security will check outgoing passengers bags..

However incoming manifests & passenges & baggage are checked very carefully by Homeland Security..

Have a wonderful cruise GMoney!

Have also sailed rci- mariner of the seas and loved it. Considering Noordam next Dec. Would love to read your review - Thanks:)

I just booked a very last minute cruise. After looking at all of the RCI options (the line I usually sail), I decided to try HAL's new ship, Noordam, 11 nites to the S. Caribbean out of NYC. Got a great price on a great cabin. Never been on HAL, so it will be interesting to see how HAL stacks up against RCI and Celebrity! We have a superior verandah suite.

No time to do lots of research, but if any of you HAL experts have some quick tips on must do / must see things, I'd appreciate it! Gotta go pack!

BTW - I'm 36 - will I be the youngest person onboard????

Now that's what I call needing a cruise bad!

Wish I could live like that. I would need 2 days at least. :D

Have a wonderful time and don't forget to come back and tell us all about it.

I'll be sure to share some post-cruise thoughts. I knew Noordam was new, but I didn;t realize I'd be on only the 2nd voyage!

44 cruises? Do you ever unpack your suitcase or just keep it packed for the next cruise? Are you all ready to get on the ship tomorrow?

I love it! :)

If you get a chance, check in with us online. We would love to hear from you.

Going on The Noordam in 3 weeks!!!

Just finished packing! Fortunately I travel light and have gotten rather good at throwing a few things together on short notice. :)

Now I just need to brush up on Tortola and Dominica, as I've never been there.

We'll keep the ship in good shape for you. You HAL CC folks are very nice!

Archived