How do meal plan reservations work?

artvlay

We have a 5 night dinner plan on an upcoming Anthem cruise. Can you explain our rights as far as what nights we have to go, what restaurants, and times. We have early dining due to my wife's health issues. Can they give us late dinners? 

Thanks for your help 

When you have purchased the five night dining package, you make your reservations once you have boarded the ship.  You can dine whenever you want, based on availability. The sooner you board, the sooner you go to any restaurant and make all of your reservations, the more likely you will be able to get the times you want.  You can also use the app to make those reservations, once you are on board.

You can choose any restaurant on any night at any time, based on availability.  The assigned time for the Main Dining Room has absolutely no bearing on any specialty restaurant timing.

When you board, go to any of the specialty restaurants and you can make your reservations for all restaurants right from that one spot; you don't need to go to each individual restaurant to make every single reservation.

It is polite to let the MDR know which nights you won't be using your table assignment, FYI.  You can just call and give your room number and tell them you won't be dining, or if you go to the MDR on the first night you can tell your waiter which nights you'll be going to specialty dining instead.  If you're seated with other people, the staff will know not to wait for you before they take the others' orders that night. Or if you have a table just for your party, they'll know that they can offer your table to someone with My Time Dining on the nights you won't be there. 

8 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

When you have purchased the five night dining package, you make your reservations once you have boarded the ship.  You can dine whenever you want, based on availability. The sooner you board, the sooner you go to any restaurant and make all of your reservations, the more likely you will be able to get the times you want.  You can also use the app to make those reservations, once you are on board.

So I don't have to go to any restaurant to make the actual reservations? I can just do it on the app once we board? We have the 3-night dining package.

Sorry to butt in with my own question but it has been so long since we cruised, I have forgotten everything.

If you have the ultimate dining package and are in a suite, will the concierge book the times for you when they contact you the week before? We want to eat in the Coastal Kitchen the first night and start the dining package on day 2.  (Harmony, summer 2023)

1 hour ago, cured said:

Sorry to butt in with my own question but it has been so long since we cruised, I have forgotten everything.

If you have the ultimate dining package and are in a suite, will the concierge book the times for you when they contact you the week before? We want to eat in the Coastal Kitchen the first night and start the dining package on day 2.  (Harmony, summer 2023)

We have done that in the past, but not sure whether they are still doing it now.