aarp gift cards

happywandering

On 9/20/2022 at 7:51 AM, happywandering said:

Is anyone else having trouble buying from your cart?  I keep getting the message that they are unable to fill my order at this time and are working on it.  The questions are what is the problem and when will it be fixed.  My  paranoia is kicking in.  I wonder if they are trying to stop selling the HAL cards.  I have not purchased any since June, but had no trouble at that time.

Same here. I bought some last month with no problem. This month I kept getting credit card error remarks. Later checked my credit card statement and I was charged multiple times for gift cards but never received them. Called in and they said there is a huge glitch in the system and many people were charged ace didn’t receive the gift cards. They shut it down until they get the problem fixed and people reimbursed.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, NRFBQN said:

The AARP cards were available this morning and I was able to check out successfully.  I hope they work for all of you, too!

We very much appreciate your notification. We were sitting on 5 $500 gift cards in our cart, and where able to checkout and receive the emails successfully. The $500 gift cards were not available unless they were already in your cart. Lo and behold, today, the AARP rewards website checkout is no longer working (again ...)

2 hours ago, mwj said:

We very much appreciate your notification. We were sitting on 5 $500 gift cards in our cart, and where able to checkout and receive the emails successfully. The $500 gift cards were not available unless they were already in your cart. Lo and behold, today, the AARP rewards website checkout is no longer working (again ...)

Well, boo. I took my 3x$500 out of my cart bc I thought they wouldn't honor them. Of course I missed the hour or so they were on line anyway...

1 hour ago, laura1960 said:

The checkout is still not working....and final payment is tomorrow! The IT department at AARP (if they even have one) sucks. This has been going on for what, like three weeks now?

I understood (from the Chat person I got) that it was the button-counters and not IT that had the Rewards off-line. The fact that the $500 Cruise cards went away agrees with that. 

My final payment is about one week out. OTOH, with only $100 (x5) cards available the most you and I can save would be $50...

Edited by crystalspin

Yes I saw on the Carnival Board that the AARP Rewards were working, but only for $100 (limit of five). Meanwhile I have paid off my January cruise with the HAL anniversary (of HMC) cards, getting bonus cards worth $149 whereas with the limit at $500/month, I was only going to save $50 from AARP. (Final Payment is next week.)

12 minutes ago, happywandering said:

I was able to get the $500 cards.

You are correct! I was repeating what I read on the Carnival Board and had not gone to AARP Rewards site because I no longer needed them! Both values of cards are available for all the cruiselines they had before.

• 9 months later...
18 minutes ago, cruising sister said:

I found them hard to find. Make sure you are signed in and search in reward center. 

Yes, go to rewards, then choose "see all rewards" and scroll down till you see the HAL cards. It's tricky, but they are there. I just bought the max amount for me and my husband yesterday. Once you choose the card you can choose the number you wish to purchase (max 5/month pp) when it's in your cart. Good luck!

I just brought up the aarp website.

1. Click on rewards at the top

2. scroll down until you see a Carnival Gift Card

3. on the right click on 'see all rewards'

4. scroll down and you will see Princess and Holland America

(typing at same time as Charleston Lady)

Edited by richwmn

Thanks for the help, but I must be in the AARP twilight zone. When I click on "AARP Awards 3765 Points" at the top, it sends me to a new page. Scrolling down this page doesn't get me anywhere. Wife tried and did no better.

Does your page say just "Rewards" at the top? Frustrating.

9 hours ago, friendswithdave said:

Thanks for the help, but I must be in the AARP twilight zone. When I click on "AARP Awards 3765 Points" at the top, it sends me to a new page. Scrolling down this page doesn't get me anywhere. Wife tried and did no better.

Does your page say just "Rewards" at the top? Frustrating.

Log in to AARP (you don't have to be a member) and at the top in the red bar should be "AARP Rewards".  Click then go to "redeem" on the left side and select "all".  Scroll down and you should see them.  I don't know if this link will work for you as I am logged in but try:  https://www.aarp.org/rewards/discover/?intcmp=GLOBAL-HDR-LNK-CLK-AARP_REWARDS-UXDIA  Good Luck!!

Thanks all, it worked for me this morning. The screen looked different. I think I just needed to log out then log back in.

Now I need to figure out how to use these to make payment when booking a cruise using an online travel agent currently providing the best deal on a Dec cruise. I'll start working on this and report back, but if you have hints or know this isn't possible, your input is appreciated.

3 minutes ago, friendswithdave said:

Now I need to figure out how to use these to make payment when booking a cruise using an online travel agent currently providing the best deal on a Dec cruise. I'll start working on this and report back, but if you have hints or know this isn't possible, your input is appreciated.

You should be able to apply them by calling your travel agent. 

I often book through an online company and I have to call and read them the numbers and pins from the gift cards and then wait on hold while they call Holland to apply the payment. A few extra steps necessary but worth the savings. I did ask last time if I could email them the card details and they said they cannot accept the details that way. Maybe your TA will be different but that is how mine works.

The gift cards all start with the same numbers, usually only the last 4-6 digits are different if that helps when reading them the info.