Loyalty program… take note.

Redtravel

Just now, Redtravel said:

We like Windstar cruises.  We just completed our 11th cruise. We book because we liked the previous cruises.  Previous to pandemic, there was no tiered program.  You got past guests discounts which was nice.  Often got complimentary upgrades.  
New tiered loyalty program stated that as 3 Star members we would get more benefits. Sounded great on paper.  When we boarded, we got a welcome back letter stating our benefits. They were also listed on our sea card.  When we didn’t see the $75 OBC on our account, we called reception. We just thought it was an error.  Not so according to Windstar. We never got that OBC.  We were told that there are “terms and conditions” .   When asked we were shown an online page with exclusions. We were told that our rate was discounted. We were told that we booked with with a travel agent. We were told several reasons that we weren’t getting the OBC. Many of those reasons were inaccurate.  I looked in the Windstar brochure and online. I couldn’t find the terms and conditions that the Windstar rep showed us online.  Asked for a print out.  It was an industry page for agents, not guests.  It didn’t make sense. We got the other benefits listed. Why not the OBC?  We were disappointed.  

Interesting,  we may be in the same "boat" as you.

We recently booked our 6th Windstar cruise thru an online agency.  We are 2 star and our upcoming 11 night voyage should put us in the 3 star category, that is if they can find our missing cruises out of Barbados in 03 and 06.  On our upcoming trip we booked a " discounted "rate as well. Nowhere did we see any exclusions for the $50 OBC that they offer.  I'm thinking they need to be more upfront regarding this when promoting this as a so called loyalty "perk". Our TA gave us a pretty generous OBC as part of the booking. It's not at all a dealbreaker if we don't get the$50,  just "cheapens " the value of their loyalty program.  When you compare to Celebrity's Captains club which is our other frequently traveled line Windstars program is pretty weak at best.

We are going on our 26 th on 10/6. I was always of the opinion that with the rock bottom cruise price we lose all perks. I was also told this by my agent. We get very generous OBCs with our agent and due to our status lots of other things with what we think the understanding that if we accept the rock bottom price either right before or after we pay in full we lose it all. I am always doing my math. WS has never been clear on this rather strange. I have never received a straight answer. We do love the WS experience obviously, it fits us. Happy Sailing

Agree that getting discount from a TA is good.  Not getting the $75 OBC wouldn't be a deal breaker. It just came as a surprise.  Since our welcome letter and keycard listed OBC, we were disappointed when it didn't happen.  Just would like to alert other cruisers not to expect OBC.  

Also, we are elite plus on Celebrity.  We always get the full list of benefits associated with that level regardless of who we book with or what we paid.  

It would be nicer if Windstar loyalty program stated restrictions in full instead of "terms and conditions may apply.". They fooled me once. Just want others to be aware.

• Like 1

I wonder if this is a new policy. I got a fantastic price reduction on my solo trip in May and still got all the 4 star benefits. I got the fare adjusted to in a 7-for-7 shortly before the 90 day cut-off for the Price Assurance Policy. My price for solo on the 23-day Cruise Collector was less than the per person double occupancy price after the sale ended for the 10-day segment of the Cruise Collector (the other segment was a 13-day ocean crossing which had a lower price than the 10-day segment). I wondered for a while shortly after I got the price reduction if Windstar would come back and say they had made a pricing mistake. 

18 hours ago, new_cruiser said:

I wonder if this is a new policy. I got a fantastic price reduction on my solo trip in May and still got all the 4 star benefits. I got the fare adjusted to in a 7-for-7 shortly before the 90 day cut-off for the Price Assurance Policy. My price for solo on the 23-day Cruise Collector was less than the per person double occupancy price after the sale ended for the 10-day segment of the Cruise Collector (the other segment was a 13-day ocean crossing which had a lower price than the 10-day segment). I wondered for a while shortly after I got the price reduction if Windstar would come back and say they had made a pricing mistake. 

Did you get all of the listed Yacht club benefits?  

• 4 weeks later...

After the cruise, I called customer service and asked to talk to Isabel. I did not discuss anything with the woman who took my call.   I was told that Isabel was in a meeting and would call me back.  That was over a month ago.  No call back. Guess that Windstar has long meetings or really doesn’t care.  

We have been cruising with WS since 1999. We love it, therefore time and again we go again. I have always said the difference between Seattle and onboard is night and day. Over the years one sees a bit of improvement from the central office but it always manages to fall back, especially now there is Miami and Seattle offices. We just had an OMG incredible cruise 10/6. I wish there central office could be better, does not need to be OMG incredible but it needs to improve. Happy Sailing

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Strenz said:

We have been cruising with WS since 1999. We love it, therefore time and again we go again. I have always said the difference between Seattle and onboard is night and day. Over the years one sees a bit of improvement from the central office but it always manages to fall back, especially now there is Miami and Seattle offices. We just had an OMG incredible cruise 10/6. I wish there central office could be better, does not need to be OMG incredible but it needs to improve. Happy Sailing

You are right.  We completed our 11th cruise in September.  We had a great time.  We cruise on Windstar, but not exclusively.  We enjoy variety.  We like smaller ships or at least not the ones with thousands of people.  Next cruise is on Oceania.  It’s using fcc from the stuck at sea fiasco in March 2020.  Over the years, we have enjoyed most of our cruises.  When we need a break to relax, we choose Windstar.  We mostly disconnect and veg out.  It also helps that the crew is amazing and the food is outstanding.  

• 6 months later...
On 10/25/2022 at 8:02 AM, Redtravel said:

After the cruise, I called customer service and asked to talk to Isabel. I did not discuss anything with the woman who took my call.   I was told that Isabel was in a meeting and would call me back.  That was over a month ago.  No call back. Guess that Windstar has long meetings or really doesn’t care.  

Never got a call back.  Sadly, Windstar has changed. 

The attitude of everyone working for a company is important. If somebody in customer service tells you something incorrect or doesn't do what they say they are going to do, I usually back off.  While I really liked my 11 Windstar cruises, I haven't booked again.  When it comes to cruising, there are lots of good choices.

• 2 weeks later...

I am increasingly frustrated with Windstar's loyalty program.

Have upper level loyalty with a few others and they always will combine promos and benefits but not Windstar.

Every cruise so far has been with a group that I organize, plan, create and we just booked our 5th with Windstar while onboard.  This is interesting, they promote booking onboard however when I get home and contact the group dept they say their discounts do not combine with most other discounts, including the onboard booking discounts and especially loyalty benefits.

This is terrible for me since my small 'reward' is doing the group however the group has to pay more

without the loyalty benefits.

I've written multiple times to upper management and they don't care.

Took the same group on Celebrity a few months ago and every person got loyalty discounts and perks, along with group benefits.

So frustrating and such a shame.

On 10/25/2022 at 6:12 AM, Strenz said:

Website has deteriorated also IMHO.