NYC Port Parking

tbtma

Hi Folks, we cruise out of NYC but always had a car service drop us off. This time we are driving  ourselves in. Can anyone recommend a parking lot/ garage near the peir? I understand NCL has their own peir right there but that its first come, first served basis,no reservations.  We didn't want to get there with nothing available so we are looking to make a reservation....close.

TIA

Bonzo

• Like 1

https://www.google.com/search?q=parking+near+manhattan+cruise+terminal&rlz=1C1GCEB_enUS1006US1006&oq=parking+near+manhattan+cruise+terminal&aqs=chrome.0.0i512j0i22i30l6j0i390.6440j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

According to that there isn't a whole lot in really close proximity, you're looking at a walk of a couple blocks unless you use the terminal parking.

There may also be further info in this forum section - https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/317-east-coast-departures/

22 minutes ago, tbtma said:

We didn't want to get there with nothing available so we are looking to make a reservation....close.

We've never had an issue getting parking at the pier, even in the height of the pre-COVID summer season. If Pier 88 is full, they'll have you park over at Pier 90. 

We usually arrive around 11 AM at the pier, and have always had our pick of spots. And you truly cannot beat the convenience when it comes to disembarkation day. 

It's pricey, but worth it.

1 hour ago, tbtma said:

Hi Folks, we cruise out of NYC but always had a car service drop us off. This time we are driving  ourselves in. Can anyone recommend a parking lot/ garage near the peir? I understand NCL has their own peir right there but that its first come, first served basis,no reservations.  We didn't want to get there with nothing available so we are looking to make a reservation....close.

TIA

Bonzo

Parking at the pier is expensive but super easy and very convenient. The ramp to parking is right off 12th Ave between 54th & 55th. You drive up, pay, then drive down farther to pier 88. Their will be security there with a dog. We have parked there 5 times and its always the same. You pull it, pop your trunk or hatch, and security and the dog walk around your car. As soon as you are clear you can pull over to the right and take your bags out.... leave one person with them (do this quickly) as not to create a backup. You'll be right next to the elevator to take you down. Go park, come back to the elevator go down, then outside to the porters. Drop your checked bags off, come back in the building and get in line for security and check in.

The above it pre covid, IDK if anything has changed

Edited by Laszlo

I suppose we need to know your definition of close? We typically park our car the night before cruising out of Manhattan, so the pier isn't an option for us (at least I don't think they let you park there the night before). 

We've used two garages within a few blocks of the pier - both are between $30 - $35 per night. Just be sure to ask if they have any deals for extended parking or you'll get the daily rate which is a bit higher. We don't mind walking a few blocks as we never have more than one carry on suitcase and two backpacks between us.

1. In April we used the garage at 670 W 43rd St. - https://parkright.com/670-w-43-st-new-york.shtml

2. In September we used the garage at 550 West 45h St. - https://www.gmcparking.com/locations-rates/midtown/west-45th-street/

I hope that helps!

2 hours ago, dcipjr said:

We've never had an issue getting parking at the pier, even in the height of the pre-COVID summer season. If Pier 88 is full, they'll have you park over at Pier 90. 

We usually arrive around 11 AM at the pier, and have always had our pick of spots. And you truly cannot beat the convenience when it comes to disembarkation day. 

It's pricey, but worth it.

Totally agree.  Pricey, but worth it. Never had any issue getting a spot on the parking deck.