Repricing a Cruise after final payment

mauimary

Question???  Will Celebrity still reprice a cruise after final payment giving it back to you in Non refundable onboard credit?   The rep that I spoke with told us NO saying we already booked it with best price guarantee. But the price is now lower. 
She told me that policy changed March 31.  
Does anyone currently have experience with this?

4 minutes ago, paulh84 said:

Best Offer Guarantee is no more. It applied to cruises booked before March 31, 2022 for sailings up to September 30, 2022. 

In our case we booked it the end of August with final payment the next the next day for a cruise in Oct. then we couldn’t have had a best price guarantee to begin with! (Rep told us that was what we booked).  What we booked was a Cruise Only this time.  Decided to go with our Capt Club Elite benefits. 

3 minutes ago, mauimary said:

In our case we booked it the end of August with final payment the next the next day for a cruise in Oct. then we couldn’t have had a best price guarantee to begin with! (Rep told us that was what we booked).  What we booked was a Cruise Only this time.  Decided to go with our Capt Club Elite benefits. 

You would have had Best Price Guarantee after final payment like they have always done but under that one you have to find the lower price within 48 hours of booking. 

2 hours ago, mauimary said:

In our case we booked it the end of August with final payment the next the next day for a cruise in Oct. then we couldn’t have had a best price guarantee to begin with! (Rep told us that was what we booked).

That is what you booked under.  I believe the other poster meant to mention "Cruise with Confidence," which is the program that was in place before and that allowed you to get non-refundable OBC after final payment.

They couldn't have made the 2 programs any more confusing.

Best Price Guarantee   Is the pre-covid program which got reinstated with bookings made after March 31, 2022 OR for all sailings after 9/31/2022.   It really only protects you after final payment IF the lower price is found within 48hrs of booking.

Best Offer Guarantee  Was the price guarantee part of Cruise with Confidence which was put in place during covid and extended through the restart.   It was only offered on bookings made up to March 31, 2022 for sailings through Sept 30, 2022.  This was the program that would match a better price/promo up to 48 hrs prior to sailing.

8 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

They couldn't have made the 2 programs any more confusing.

Best Price Guarantee   Is the pre-covid program which got reinstated with bookings made after March 31, 2022 OR for all sailings after 9/31/2022.   It really only protects you after final payment IF the lower price is found within 48hrs of booking.

Best Offer Guarantee  Was the price guarantee part of Cruise with Confidence which was put in place during covid and extended through the restart.   It was only offered on bookings made up to March 31, 2022 for sailings through Sept 30, 2022.  This was the program that would match a better price/promo up to 48 hrs prior to sailing.

Doesn't matter any longer as they are both finished.  After 48 hours you can cancel and rebook.

4 hours ago, mauimary said:

Question???  Will Celebrity still reprice a cruise after final payment giving it back to you in Non refundable onboard credit?   The rep that I spoke with told us NO saying we already booked it with best price guarantee. But the price is now lower. 

I would say the agent is possibly partially correct.  The policy did change on March 31 but if you booked  prior to March 31 and your cruise is before the end of September of this  year (I believe the end date is correct) then you are grandfathered and the best price guarantee apply.     If you booked after April 1, 2022 the agent is correct.

Edited by Jim_Iain

1 hour ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Doesn't matter any longer as they are both finished.  After 48 hours you can cancel and rebook.

Best Price Guarantee is in full force

https://www.celebritycruises.com/company/customer-support/best-price-guarantee

As you say prior to final payment no problem they will still reprice and the 48hrs is really irrelevant.  AFTER final payment you only have 48 hrs after initial booking.  After that you are correct the only option is to cancel and rebook incurring cancellation penalties.

Also add to this puzzle that if you booked a "Non refundable deposit" NRD and the lower rate is a refundable deposit you are no longer comparing oranges to oranges.   IF you booked Refundable deposit the lower rate must be a refundable deposit rate.....etc.   We had booked a refundable deposit as it was same price at the time of non refundable.   We got burned because only NON refundable deposit rates had gone down.  If not in same class Best Rate Guarantee is a failure.  Safe sails to all. 

13 hours ago, cruiseerf said:

IF you booked Refundable deposit the lower rate must be a refundable deposit rate.....etc.   We had booked a refundable deposit as it was same price at the time of non refundable.   We got burned because only NON refundable deposit rates had gone down.

If you were willing to forgo the refundable deposit, you could have switched to get the lower non-refundable rate.  They will let you switch from refundable to non-refundable at any time, but not vice-versa for obvious reasons.

Mike

On 9/20/2022 at 12:53 PM, mauimary said:

Read your fine print.  My experience this year (2022) is when I see a price drop on a cruise we've paid in full for, we've been given the difference in an OBC.

6 hours ago, sbcs5390 said:

I do believe it goes by when the booking was made - i.e., open bookings made onboard inherit the date the open booking was made and that determines what policies apply. Maybe that’s the cause of some of the confusion.