River Cruise Lines with Best Single Supplement Policy

No1Ma

Stay away from Viking.  Everyone acts like they're the only game in town but they're not solo friendly at all.  

I've done 3 European river cruises on Uniworld that either had no single supplement or a reduced single supplement.  Every year they come out with Solo Savings.  The list isn't available for 2023.  It will come out sometime next year.  You just have to watch their website.  

I'm booked on Tauck for a Christmas cruise, and generally their Category E (aquarium class) cabins have no single supplement.  Tauck and Uniworld are more inclusive and are a better value than Viking IMO.

Gate 1, a budget river cruise line, also gives solos a break on their fares. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Roz said:

Every year they come out with Solo Savings.  The list isn't available for 2023.  It will come out sometime next year. 

Roz, if you happen to notice when it is posted, would you please think about giving us a heads up here?  Thanks!!  

• Like 1

I just watched an online "tour' of Riviera river cruises yesterday.  I was impressed by what they offer for solo cruisers.  A certain percentage of solo cabins on every cruise and some cruises are for solo cruisers only.  Rooms are larger than those found on Viking and they go into ports that are closer to embarkation and debarkation airports.  Definitely worth checking out. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/21/2022 at 1:22 PM, Roz said:

Stay away from Viking.  Everyone acts like they're the only game in town but they're not solo friendly at all.  

I've done 3 European river cruises on Uniworld that either had no single supplement or a reduced single supplement.  Every year they come out with Solo Savings.  The list isn't available for 2023.  It will come out sometime next year.  You just have to watch their website.  

I'm booked on Tauck for a Christmas cruise, and generally their Category E (aquarium class) cabins have no single supplement.  Tauck and Uniworld are more inclusive and are a better value than Viking IMO.

Gate 1, a budget river cruise line, also gives solos a break on their fares. 

+1! This is spot on!
I’ve cruised twice on Uniworld on a special low price. Great cruiseline! I’d avoid Emerald and its parent Scenic as the corporate communications are rubbish. What a headache for 12 months, then a lovely 10 day cruise. No thx. I’ll send my money to a responsive cruiseline.

• Like 1