Princess Grill on the QE or a Suite on Royal Princess for Alaska 7 day cruise.

LB_NJ

Debating between 2 different 7 day cruises to Alaska.  One in a Princess Grill Suite on the QE rnd trp Vancouver or a suite on the Royal Princess rnd trp Seattle.

Any thoughts?

Food quality and a relaxed overall experience are important.

11 hours ago, LB_NJ said:

Debating between 2 different 7 day cruises to Alaska.  One in a Princess Grill Suite on the QE rnd trp Vancouver or a suite on the Royal Princess rnd trp Seattle.

Any thoughts?

Food quality and a relaxed overall experience are important.

What shape are the Princess cabins? If they are squarish, rather than long and thin I would go for those. The long thin PG cabins, apart from anything else, have smallish balconies, and I imagine a larger one is more agreeable in Alaska.

I don't know what amenities you get booking a suite on Princess Cruises, but the Grills experience on the QE was most enjoyable.  The single sitting restaurants for both PG and QG - high up midships with huge windows - are for us the best reason for booking the Grills.  The Grills lounge, although small, is very attractive. Also, there is ample deck space for the Grills. 

The only downside for PG, as mentioned in the previous post, is the stateroom: long, narrow and a tiny balcony. All PG rooms, however, are midships.

From observation, PG cabins on QE are nearly the same as. Princess mini suite.  You do get a separate restaurant and a butler?  No butlers for suites on Princess, no separate dining room, but separate space in regular DR.  Personally, if price was the same, I would go for Cunard.  I have sailed in mini suite on Caribbean Princess and Island Princess.  Inside on QE.  EM

What about outdoor viewing spaces on both ships?  Thinking it would be important in Alaska.

Also, I think Princess sails the inside passage and not clear that Cunard does.

Edited by LB_NJ

15 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

From observation, PG cabins on QE are nearly the same as. Princess mini suite.  You do get a separate restaurant and a butler?  No butlers for suites on Princess, no separate dining room, but separate space in regular DR.  Personally, if price was the same, I would go for Cunard.  I have sailed in mini suite on Caribbean Princess and Island Princess.  Inside on QE.  EM

No butlers for PG on Cunard either.

2 hours ago, LB_NJ said:

What about outdoor viewing spaces on both ships?  Thinking it would be important in Alaska.

Also, I think Princess sails the inside passage and not clear that Cunard does.

QE has wrap around promenade, Royal class of Princess do not.  EM

In August we sailed Cunard QM2 (7 night crossing) and the Island Princess (16 night Iceland and Greenland) back to back.  The differences were significant, with Cunard providing a product we were very happy with (came home and booked for 2023 sailing), and Princess providing a product we were very disappointed with. In the past, we have been big fans of Princess, but going forward we would be hard pressed to book with them again, unless the itinerary was spectacular.  

• Like 1