Accessibility of Retreat sundeck on Celebrity Equinox

quicklabs

Good morning, all.

My husband and I will be cruising on the Equinox this December.  He has recently had a total knee replacement and progress is going very, very slowly.  He cannot do stairs at all, though I hope this improves by December.  On the Edge class ships, the elevator goes all the way up to the Retreat sundeck.   However, my read of the deck plan on the Equinox suggests that the Retreat Sundeck is on Deck 16, yet the elevator seems to go only as far as Deck 15.  How do passengers who are mobility-challenged reach the sundeck on the Equinox in the absence of an elevator?  Is there a lift that they can use  Or is it just inaccessible?  Thanks for your kind replies. 

44 minutes ago, quicklabs said:

How do passengers who are mobility-challenged reach the sundeck on the Equinox in the absence of an elevator?  Is there a lift that they can use  Or is it just inaccessible?  Thanks for your kind replies. 

https://www.celebritycruises.com/faqs/the-retreat

The Retreat Sundeck on Equinox currently is not Accessible. An alternative accessible space will be provided on the Pool Deck.

It sounds like he will be spending the next two months working on stairs!  Nothing like an incentive…. I was on a cruise in 2009 and one of my table mates had just had both knees replaced, about six weeks apart.  After the second, there was no room in rehab, so she was rehabbing in a nursing home.  She was depressed and begged the doc to let her go home.  He said only if she had someone to cook and clean, and make her bed, and she could walk a lot.  She told home she knew just where to go, and booked three cruises B2B2B.  EM

• Like 2

I was on a cruise 4 months after 2 knee replacements. The first month or two can be a bit challenging but I would expect him to be able to MANAGE a set of stairs by then. Maybe not running up and down them but just taking his time.

Stairs are the easy part of a TKR ! 
maybe he need to get it “cracked” where they put you under and just bend your knee

it happens when scare tissues builds up to quickly 

I had a problem getting my first knee to bend , I did a series of exercises every 2 hours until it loosened up 

I would have him to to a stair put the foot up a couple of stairs and just lean into it

check out these guys for things to do 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmTe0LsfEbpkDpgrxKAWbRA