haven

bumble12

19 minutes ago, bumble12 said:

which is best to do heaven courtyard or spa whilpool suite with heaven access  thanks

On the Getaway, it really depends on what you are looking for in your experience. 

If you want a 100% Haven experience, get a room upon on Deck 16. That way, you are always starting and ending in the Haven. 

Similar, but slightly less experience is a room on Deck 15. You need to go up the stairs to 16 to be in the Haven lounge. Still an excellent room. 

If you are looking for "best value", we like the forward facing haven rooms on Decks 9-12 (higher is better). The room has a separate living room and is typically the cheaper Haven room. But,,, it is far from the Haven and you have to make a effort to go to the Haven. We like these rooms. 

Spa rooms have a jacuzzi tub next to the bed. They will be closer to the forward elevator lobby (less walking than the hike from forward facing rooms). We like those rooms, but some don't. 

Aft facing rooms offer more space too, along with big balconies with spectacular views. Like the forward facing rooms, these rooms are very far from the Haven and you have to make a effort to go to the Haven.

We were just on the Breakaway (the Getaway's sister) and stayed in a Haven room next to the courtyard. It was fabulous. I posted a few pictures starting on Post #161 below. 

I also posted some Haven dining room photos

Edited by BirdTravels

6 minutes ago, ggTexasGal said:

Answer might depend on which ship.

True!  

Jewel class ships, the HAVEN is small with no separate bar or restaurant).  Suites are nice, though.

Epic and “Away” (+) have nice Havens.  They have the HAven REstauratn and Bar, as well as a decent pool/hot tub area.  And, there’s a private lounger area, too.  Spa Suites gets you access to the Thermal Spa, which the cabins are near, in addition to the jet tub in the room.  The tub is kind of a novelty.  The GF and I used it once.  But never used it again.

Haven Courtyard is exactly that…a suite surrounding the Haven pool/bar/restaurant areas.  However, they do not have free access to the spa, nor a hot tub in the cabin.

Personally, I love having “free” access to the Thermal Spa.  But, if the Haven Courtyard Suite is cheaper, I’d book it.

• Like 1

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the spa room just a jacuzzi bath tub in your living room instead of in the bathroom? How exactly does that work? Like if I'm taking a bath in the middle of my living room and the butler wants to come deliver afternoon snacks... he's going to see me lounging in the tub? Or are you supposed to use your bathing suit? 

It's not like it's an actual outdoor jacuzzi - isn't it just a fancy bathtub in the middle of the room? And how does that even work with the carpeting? Doesn't it get all soggy after you use it?

Regardless, ship matters 100% to us when we pick which Haven room to use. Was just on the Joy a couple weeks ago and I think we found our happy compromise with the HH, HI class rooms. You're outside of the proper Haven area, but a short 2 flights up/down to get there. Rooms are significantly larger than the Haven courtyard rooms, and for our sailing were about 2-4K cheaper.

Jewel class ships without a separate bar or lounge we care less about where the room is, but on a ship with a private bar we need to be a short walk away. It all depends on what is important to you though and how you spend your time on board.

Hello all, Sthrngary here.  I have cruised both in and out of the Haven Proper.  I have also cruised in a Haven Spa Suite on the Getaway.  Most recently I cruised on the Joy, in the H2 Haven Deluxe Owners Suite with my family.

• Haven Spa Suite: Nice suite with the hot tub by your bed.  Small balcony and near the Spa/Gym.  An elevator ride to the Haven Courtyard, Restaurant and pool.  My wife and I did not feel disconnected at all.  Just the way it was.  It is important that the investment of this lovely room and experiences was $2,099.00 for a week which was shockingly low at the time.  
  • Haven Penthouse In the Haven Courtyard:  The suite was bigger then the Haven Spa Suite.  Nice to be in the Haven Proper but after the first day, forgotten.  I think the fact that we love exploring the entire ship and not just staying in the Haven 24/7 has us feeling this way.  If we never really wanted to leave the Haven, this would be our choice.
  • Haven Deluxe Owners Suite:  I only bring this up because it was a goal and bucket list experience.  Surprisingly, this was a "One and Done" experiences.  We got lucky and all the moons were in the right place.  For us, being right next to the Haven Library with the view of the front of the ship was my favorite benefit.  Quiet and calm place to write.  The suite was lovely, huge and after the first day or so, was like any other suite.  I know that sound horrible to say but it is the way we felt.  Glad we did it though.

As long as a guest knows there is some walking to get to the Haven if not in Haven Proper and they have no issue with that, go for it.  If price is and issue to stay out of the Haven Proper, consider it.  To get the huge balconies in the back of the ship, consider it.  Just know the pro/cons.

Cruise well and enjoy every moment. 

1 hour ago, Sailing12Away said:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the spa room just a jacuzzi bath tub in your living room instead of in the bathroom? How exactly does that work? Like if I'm taking a bath in the middle of my living room and the butler wants to come deliver afternoon snacks... he's going to see me lounging in the tub? Or are you supposed to use your bathing suit? 

It's not like it's an actual outdoor jacuzzi - isn't it just a fancy bathtub in the middle of the room? And how does that even work with the carpeting? Doesn't it get all soggy after you use it?

In Spa Haven rooms, the spa tub is in addition to, not instead of, the shower or tub in the bathroom.  It truly is a spa, not just a tub.  It has Jacuzzi jets just like the hot tubs on deck.  It’s just a bit smaller.  Spa rooms do not have carpet.  The flooring is a laminate.  As for interruptions by the butler or steward, you can avoid that by locking the deadbolt on the door.

3 hours ago, The Traveling Man said:

In Spa Haven rooms, the spa tub is in addition to, not instead of, the shower or tub in the bathroom.  It truly is a spa, not just a tub.  It has Jacuzzi jets just like the hot tubs on deck.  It’s just a bit smaller.  Spa rooms do not have carpet.  The flooring is a laminate.  As for interruptions by the butler or steward, you can avoid that by locking the deadbolt on the door.

When the Epic was last renovated in 2021, they took the spa baths out of the Spa haven cabins so you only have a shower now in the bathroom

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Yinster said:

When the Epic was last renovated in 2021, they took the spa baths out of the Spa haven cabins so you only have a shower now in the bathroom

Thanks for the update.  I haven't been in the Haven on the Epic in a while, so I wasn't aware of that.  The times we have sailed in a Spa Suite were on the Breakaway in 2016 and the Getaway in 2019.