Club Balcony Suite questions

AK Dreaming

We booked a Club Suite for three of us for a girls trip.  I am under the understanding that Club Suites are the same as regular balcony suites but I picked it because the all the balcony suites were guarantee only and I wanted to pick my deck.  Now that I have this booking I am starting to wonder about a few things.  I've never stayed in a balcony suite with 3 people.  Where dose the the other person sleep?  Does the couch pull out to a bed?  We are in Cabin 9240 on the Escape.  I cannot find any reviews of that cabin and just realized I don't know how we will all sleep.  Also, what is the difference between a regular balcony suite and a Club Balcony suite on the Escape?  I looked at the website and really cannot see any difference.

• Like 1

The club balcony is a slightly bigger room and bigger balcony, it also has a bigger bathroom and upgraded shower with jets. It comes with perks, one free bag of laundry, a bottle of water and snacks on 2 afternoons. You can book dinner and show reservations at 125 days.

The sofa is a pull out bed, so it should be comfortable for 3 in a room.

• Like 1

Our understanding has always been that the club balcony cabins are the exact same size as the regular balcony cabin, with the exception of the bathroom being a little larger, with a fancier jet shower nozzle.  

The video above seems to confirm that.

There are two twin beds in the cabin, and the couch makes up into a bed.  When you board, If the beds are together as a queen, just ask the room steward to separate them.

Enjoy your cruise!  The Escape is a favorite of ours and we'll be back on her in November.

Edited by Robkat
  • Like 2

So I'm bidding for Club Balcony Suite AND Balcony on the Dawn (from Inside).

NCL Website details on room size as follows:

Balcony: Total Appx Size = 203 -301 sq ft, balcony 37 - 54 sq ft

(SAILAWAY, which I assume is smallest = 203 & 37)

Club Balcony Suite:  Total Appx Size = 283 - 301 sq ft, balcony 54 sq ft

(SAILAWAY = 283 & 54)

80 sq ft  difference is not an insignificant amount.

Cannot know how much of that 80 is room v. bathroom.

Do Not know if Total INCLUDES balcony footage or not.

Seems like 301 max sq ft is luck of the draw on bidding.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Robkat said:

Our understanding has always been that the club balcony cabins are the exact same size as the regular balcony cabin, with the exception of the bathroom being a little larger, with a fancier jet shower nozzle.  

The video above seems to confirm that.

There are two twin beds in the cabin, and the couch makes up into a bed.  When you board, If the beds are together as a queen, just ask the room steward to separate them.

Enjoy your cruise!  The Escape is a favorite of ours and we'll be back on her in November.

I have only been on two cruises so far (more to come😎). This has also been my experience. We had a Mini Suite on the Escape in 2018 (10790), and a Club Balcony on the Getaway in in 2022 (11184), both had bigger bathrooms than standard Balcony....Escape with a big shower, Getaway with a tub, big disappointment on the Getaway Balcony......way too small, otherwise the cabins were not noticeably bigger than standard Balcony Cabin

Edited by Beer Belly
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, leithbones said:

80 sq ft  difference is not an insignificant amount.

Cannot know how much of that 80 is room v. bathroom.

Do Not know if Total INCLUDES balcony footage or not.

Seems like 301 max sq ft is luck of the draw on bidding.

I've stayed in both, multiple times on different ships.  As others have stated, the bathroom is nicer.   If you're a larger person, the toilet area in a balcony or lower will be snug.  I didn't notice a dramatic difference in the size of the rest of the room.  I didn't measure so maybe it was larger but not appreciably so.

Is it worth a big premium?  Probably not.  But if it's not a big difference in fare, or if you can inexpensively upgrade, I'd definitely recommend.

• Like 1

room and balcony size is exactly the same. the bathroom is bigger with two sinks and the jet shower. Mini-suites are now called club balcony suites in other ship but are the same.

The coffeemaker varies per ship as well.  In Joy, we got a nespresso which was super cool. In Bliss, just a pathetic drip coffee that we saw in the cabinet.  It wasn't even set up.

Other than the bigger bathroom and 1 free laundry bag for the suite, it's just a regular balcony room.... but others book it primarily for the big bathroom since they have 3 or 4 pax in the room.  and oh, we didn't eat the chocolate strawberry treats that came with it.  If it's your first time cruising, you'll most likely be out and about and spend less time in the room :).  Have fun!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, NYFirstTimeCruiser said:

room and balcony size is exactly the same. the bathroom is bigger with two sinks and the jet shower. Mini-suites are now called club balcony suites in other ship but are the same.

The coffeemaker varies per ship as well.  In Joy, we got a nespresso which was super cool. In Bliss, just a pathetic drip coffee that we saw in the cabinet.  It wasn't even set up.

Other than the bigger bathroom and 1 free laundry bag for the suite, it's just a regular balcony room.... but others book it primarily for the big bathroom since they have 3 or 4 pax in the room.  and oh, we didn't eat the chocolate strawberry treats that came with it.  If it's your first time cruising, you'll most likely be out and about and spend less time in the room :).  Have fun!

I’ve cruised many times. Been on the Escape several times and have stayed in everything from a solo cabin to the haven. Usually cruise  alone in a balcony, but going with family this time. Only reason I picked a Club suite was I wanted to pick a deck. Balcony was only guarantee and I really dislike being on the higher decks away from the fun stuff on 6 7 and 8. 

• Like 1

On 9/25/2022 at 2:43 PM, AK Dreaming said:

We booked a Club Suite for three of us for a girls trip.  I am under the understanding that Club Suites are the same as regular balcony suites but I picked it because the all the balcony suites were guarantee only and I wanted to pick my deck.  Now that I have this booking I am starting to wonder about a few things.  I've never stayed in a balcony suite with 3 people.  Where dose the the other person sleep?  Does the couch pull out to a bed?  We are in Cabin 9240 on the Escape.  I cannot find any reviews of that cabin and just realized I don't know how we will all sleep.  Also, what is the difference between a regular balcony suite and a Club Balcony suite on the Escape?  I looked at the website and really cannot see any difference.

The sofa does not pull out. The sofa is the bed. The cabin steward will set it up daily. You can have the main bed split, but it does take up space in the room. 

The regular balcony and club balcony rooms are the same size. the additional space is in the bath room where there is a double sink, more space around the toilet, and a full size shower. We are old and less mobile, so we book club balconies for the extra shower space which makes it easier for us. 

I understand that you specifically chose your room. Just be aware that it is over a public space. And directly above the waterfront, so you are likely to have the roof of the waterfront and lifeboats blocking your view straight down (see below).

image.png.ee2d972f002a6a9f2ced99cd4f331395.png

image.thumb.png.f3988df44324f50cb5d3fcaaffffc875.png

This video from 9834 is directly opposite your room, so it will be about the same (you won't need the pullman from the ceiling for 3 people). 

• Like 2

On 9/27/2022 at 6:04 AM, CruizinKittie40 said:

Mom and I won a bid to a club balcony last year for $300 and felt it was definitely worth the extra money.  It was a 7 day cruise and the free laundry was the thing we liked the most.  Not having to worry about laundry when we got home was wonderful 

Cool. 

Other than the laundry, what made it worth the extra $300 for you two? Thanks

• Like 1

One thing to consider. On my last NCL cruise the price had dropped on my balcony cabin. When I called I was able to upgrade to the club balcony for about $80 total for the 2 of us. Had to go to a cabin which was at a higher price than what I had initially paid. Our balcony was great. About twice the size of a regular balcony, nicer bathroom and the laundry perk. Also got treat twice. Well worth the small extra cost. Would I be willing to spend the extra cost up front, probably not.