What is Christmas like on a Carnival ship?

Sigyn

We will be on the Carnival Magic over Christmas Eve and Christmas. What is Christmas like on a Carnival ship? Our son will be with us. He's 15, so still a kid, even tho a big one. Interested to hear what others have experienced. Thanks!

Never actually done Christmas Day, but have sailed in December. I think the only difference on the 25th from the rest of the month is that they have a special MDR menu. We cruised the first week of December and the ship was already decorated with a huge tree in the atrium. There was a special Christmas themed show in the theater one night. They did an ugly sweater contest and had carol singing in the Atrium. There was Christmas music playing in some parts of the ship. A couple of Christmas themed movies on the big screen. The Grinch took part in all of the Doctor Seuss activities. A lot of passengers that are into door decorating did their doors in a Christmas theme which was nice to look at. We walked around the ship just to see what the decorations looked like.  We'll be on Vista this December and we're really looking forward to it.  

• Like 2

We were on a ship last Christmas and had a great time.  On Christmas Eve, they had a special "Holiday Story Time" where I think they read/acted some of the Grinch story and handed out jingle bells and santa hats.  They also had a Christmas Eve religious service that night before the dining rooms opened and then later they had a Christmas Carol sing a long on the Lido deck.  There was a Christmas Sweater contest at one point before Christmas as well.  On Christmas day we were in port but alot of the music you could hear was Christmas carols.  There was a special menu for dinner that night but they still had the "normal" items as well.  

• Like 1

We did Christmas Eve and Day on Carnival in 2019. It was fine I don't recall it being to over the top. Lots of decorations, holiday music and performances. Christmas dinner options. My take was simple it was  enough if you celebrate it and not too much if you didn't.

We were on the Pride in 2017. We saw so many ugly Christmas sweaters, suits and jammies! There was a family who wore the Christmas Story bunny suit all day long. There was a couple who dressed as Santa and Mrs. Claus and went around handing out lollipops. They were passengers. They'd pop up out of nowhere and ask families if they wanted a photo. It takes all kinds I guess! The day after Christmas, everyone pretty much went back to normal. The ship was beautifully decorated. There was a very large gingerbread village.

IMG_2780_Original.thumb.jpg.6e8173a40b43f081200ee52a6d81a0a6.jpg

IMG_2781_Original.thumb.jpg.0d873a8b00416d640e177123fc03f4cf.jpg

• Like 3

In mid-December 2018 on Dream they had a big Christmas tree in the atrium, contests like others have mentioned, singing, music, other themes sprinkled throughout. On our December 26, 2021 cruise on Sunshine it was similar, and there was a big gingerbread village in a lobby area made by the dining team similar to what @cyntil8ing has in their pic above. So seems to have been kept consistent before and after the pandemic. But I didn't monitor it that closely to spot many differences. 

15 hours ago, njsmom said:

This all sounds like so much fun! I love the idea of decorating our door and bringing Christmas PJs. I wouldn't have thought of that. I love it!

I’ve sails in December before 08’ nice decorations trees and garland. This year will be traveling on the MG during Christmas purchases matching PJ from Burt’s Bee for my adult family and son girlfriend. We are so excited.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, cyntil8ing said:

We were on the Pride in 2017. We saw so many ugly Christmas sweaters, suits and jammies! There was a family who wore the Christmas Story bunny suit all day long. There was a couple who dressed as Santa and Mrs. Claus and went around handing out lollipops. They were passengers. They'd pop up out of nowhere and ask families if they wanted a photo. It takes all kinds I guess! The day after Christmas, everyone pretty much went back to normal. The ship was beautifully decorated. There was a very large gingerbread village.

IMG_2780_Original.thumb.jpg.6e8173a40b43f081200ee52a6d81a0a6.jpg

IMG_2781_Original.thumb.jpg.0d873a8b00416d640e177123fc03f4cf.jpg

We will be on the Pride for Christmas this year, so excited. Thanks for the pics.