Looking for experiences with cutting a B2B in half before final payment

seastheday

We are just back from an amazing 14 days on Regal in the Med. I can’t recommend this highly enough…what a trip!

That being said, we have a 20-day (B2B) booked for next year in the Caribbean, but it looks like that will be difficult to pull off because of work commitments, etc. Of course I am going to call and try to get it worked out, but I’m just looking for info from anyone who has done this as to what to expect. I’m afraid they will make us rebook, which could be dicey and result in a huge fare increase. I want to brace myself. 😂

TIA!

14 minutes ago, seastheday said:

We are just back from an amazing 14 days on Regal in the Med. I can’t recommend this highly enough…what a trip!

That being said, we have a 20-day (B2B) booked for next year in the Caribbean, but it looks like that will be difficult to pull off because of work commitments, etc. Of course I am going to call and try to get it worked out, but I’m just looking for info from anyone who has done this as to what to expect. I’m afraid they will make us rebook, which could be dicey and result in a huge fare increase. I want to brace myself. 😂

TIA!

Is it booked as a b2b, 2 separate booking numbers or just 1 booking no?

If it’s booked as 1 cruise, 20 night cruise, then yes…they will need to reprice.

If it’s really a lot higher now, I might wait

to see if the prices come down on the

sailing you will actually take or wait for the next sale.

Hard to predict.  If you have a TA/CVP call and get their advice.

We cancelled 1/2 of a B2B on upcoming November cruise (before final payment). Actual B2B, 2 booking #s. Not a problem.

As @PacnGoNowstated if it's a "virtual" B2B (one booking #), they would almost certainly make you cancel and rebook. How can you "split" a cruise booking? How much should be charged for the "new" 1/2?

So what I am discovering is that even though this cruise would count as 2 segments, the FCC on board who booked it for us did so under one booking number. New customer service reps are very confused at my question so I left it as it was and will try "alternate methods" to achieve the desired result. 😉

In future if I'm booking more than 1 leg I'll ask for 2 bookings.

The rep said, "I can't rebook you in the same cabin because it is already booked". Right, we have it booked. 😂 No sense in me getting annoyed, I know they are training MANY new staff and there are lots of roads to Rome. Thanks for you who responded so I'd know what I might be up against. Such a wealth of knowledge on these boards.