Have It All promotions

cruisintwinsmom

There are "specials" on the HIA -- but have not seen them specifically after Final Payment. Of course, I don't think I've ever booked after Final!

Currently the "special" is:

LIMITED TIME: US$100 Onboard Credit Included per stateroom

LIMITED TIME: 50% Reduced Deposit

LIMITED TIME: Crew Appreciation Included

LIMITED TIME: Eligible for Low Fare Guarantee

The always (probably) included HIA is:

1 SHORE EXCURSION (up to US$100 per guest)

DRINKS wine, beer, cocktails, specialty coffee and soda. plus, service charges are on us

SPECIALTY DINING EXPERIENCE

WI-FI

So I ran a dummy booking on a 9-day cruise we're going on, which is coming up on Final Payment, in an inside room. The different between the Best Value (HIA + Limited Time as above) and the Best Price (no frills) is $495pp. Less $50 (half of the OBC), less $139.50 (crew appreciation), less $100 (ShoreX), less $46 (dinner in the Pinnacle Grill), less $120 (Surf WiFi for 9 days) -- means you are getting Signature Beverage Package for $39.50 for the whole trip. (It is normally $53/day including the tip.)

Another way to look at it is that you are getting all of those other things, for just over SBP for the nine days ($477.36). You're not going to see a reduction of that!

My recommendation is to book as early as possible, CHOOSE YOUR OWN CABIN, and watch for promotions and fare reductions. Also get in touch with the Personal Cruise Consultant assigned to you. If you have no emails from HAL with the PCC's extension at the top, you can call 1800(355)3017, wait through the menu to be connected to the PCC 'operator' and ask to be assigned one there.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, crystalspin said:

There are "specials" on the HIA -- but have not seen them specifically after Final Payment. Of course, I don't think I've ever booked after Final!

The always (probably) included HIA is:

1 SHORE EXCURSION (up to US$100 per guest)

DRINKS wine, beer, cocktails, specialty coffee and soda. plus, service charges are on us

SPECIALTY DINING EXPERIENCE

WI-FI

So I ran a dummy booking on a 9-day cruise we're going on, which is coming up on Final Payment, in an inside room. The different between the Best Value (HIA + Limited Time as above) and the Best Price (no frills) is $495pp. Less $50 (half of the OBC), less $139.50 (crew appreciation), less $100 (ShoreX), less $46 (dinner in the Pinnacle Grill), less $120 (Surf WiFi for 9 days) -- means you are getting Signature Beverage Package for $39.50 for the whole trip. (It is normally $53/day including the tip.)

Another way to look at it is that you are getting all of those other things, for just over SBP for the nine days ($477.36). You're not going to see a reduction of that!

My recommendation is to book as early as possible, CHOOSE YOUR OWN CABIN, and watch for promotions and fare reductions. Also get in touch with the Personal Cruise Consultant assigned to you. If you have no emails from HAL with the PCC's extension at the top, you can call 1800(355)3017, wait through the menu to be connected to the PCC 'operator' and ask to be assigned one there.

Keep in mind that the HIA "special" does not necessarily include the crew appreciation on all cruises.  Be sure to check one's specific cruise for that detail.  We're booked on one that doesn't include crew appreciation in the HIA.

16 minutes ago, crystalspin said:

I don't think this is correct. If it was, I'd grab it.

If you are flexible, booking after final payment is an excellent choice!

As per the post above, paying $39.50 for the Signature Beverage Package is a DEAL.  As long as you were going to buy a shorex, wifi and dine in a specialty anyways.

29 minutes ago, epistax said:

I don't think this is correct. If it was, I'd grab it.

There are some good specials right now through Sept 30, I think.  I just booked and got HIA and Crew Appreciation.  I think HAL is trying to sell out cruises.  Normally I don’t do HIA but this cruise is more than 7 days and the package offered by HAL was a good one.

Thanks, y'all. 

I have booked an 11 night, with an interior room.  The difference between the room (with previous sailing discount)  and the package was $61 per night (at the rack rate for the room the package was $55/night). It does include gratuities. I am still within cancellation period as it included a refundable deposit of $25.  If I purchased the cruise at a discounted rate, then I can add the HIA for an additional $50 later?  Sorry, I am so confused about this. Just looking to get the best bang for my buck. 

I am also considering transferring it to a TA to grab some additional OBC, but am weighing that against staying with HAL reservation if they chances for an upgrade is better. Experience with the upgrade process? Most of my sailing has been on Celebrity and Royal, so the ins and outs on HAL is limited for me.

Appreciate all your help!!!

22 minutes ago, cruisintwinsmom said:

I am also considering transferring it to a TA to grab some additional OBC, but am weighing that against staying with HAL reservation if they chances for an upgrade is better. Experience with the upgrade process? Most of my sailing has been on Celebrity and Royal, so the ins and outs on HAL is limited for me.

If you are talking about upsells, rather than upgrades, you are probably better off not getting a TA. Upsells can sell out quickly, and if you are dealing directly with HAL you get the email offers directly from them and call them directly to review what cabins are available.

I have purchased an upsell through a TA but the process was not as streamlined as dealing directly with HAL.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IPB4IGO said:

If you are talking about upsells, rather than upgrades, you are probably better off not getting a TA. Upsells can sell out quickly, and if you are dealing directly with HAL you get the email offers directly from them and call them directly to review what cabins are available.

I have purchased an upsell through a TA but the process was not as streamlined as dealing directly with HAL.

Good to know! Thanks so much!

It's also not automatic that you can add the HIA package to a cruise that is booked.  We're past the final payment date and when I tried to add HIA for $50 pp/pd it repeatedly (I've tried dozens of times) gives the message that "sorry, but HIA can't be added to your cruise".  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Chickadee910 said:

If you go on navigator and click the HIA picture it will give you the special price to add to your upcoming cruise.

Lots to find on the app. Thanks!

2 hours ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

The $50 purchase of the have it all doesn’t ever include the crew appreciation or whatever they call it.  In order to get that you have to get the have it all pricing on the website.  In my case it’s been multiples of that $50 per day.

Got it! Thank you.

23 minutes ago, kdakda said:

It's also not automatic that you can add the HIA package to a cruise that is booked.  We're past the final payment date and when I tried to add HIA for $50 pp/pd it repeatedly (I've tried dozens of times) gives the message that "sorry, but HIA can't be added to your cruise".  

I'll need to keep that in mind. Couldn't quite figure out if you could add HIA to any cruise or not. Sounds like not. Appreciate your help.