What to do after cruise while waiting for evening flight?

Sun Lover

We will be on a cruise in November which ends on a Sunday in San Juan at 6 a.m. Our flight to go home isn't until 6 p.m. Does anyone know anyplace where we could store our luggage for the day so we wouldn't have to lug it around San Juan if we wanted to go shopping or to a restaurant? Also, are there any tours, maybe on a bus, where we could take the luggage with us and do a tour for the day and then maybe be dropped off at the airport in the afternoon? Any information or suggestions anyone has would be very helpful. Thanks.

We did an excursion through Carnival one year to the El Yunque rainforest.  They drop you at the airport after spending the day touring and walking through one of the island's gems.  I am sure most cruise ships offer something similar, and they are also probably available from a local group.

That's the type of thing I'm looking for.  We will be on Royal Caribbean and I just looked at their excursions and they do offer a couple tours on the last day.  I need to find out what the latest time is we can leave the ship so it takes up more time before we get to the airport.  Thanks for your suggestion!

On 9/26/2022 at 10:51 PM, bergie33 said:

We did an excursion through Carnival one year to the El Yunque rainforest.  They drop you at the airport after spending the day touring and walking through one of the island's gems.  I am sure most cruise ships offer something similar, and they are also probably available from a local group.

On 9/26/2022 at 6:25 PM, Sun Lover said:

Barrachina (bar/restaurant) in OSJ offers a holding service for a small fee.  From memory think it was $5 per case.  Think they open around 10.30 hours

10 hours ago, exercisemama said:

We are also in the same boat are you on the voyager of the seas November 13?

Hi.  Yes, we are on the same Voyager cruise.  We're from Syracuse.  We haven't been to a few of the islands on this itinerary but we're having a hard time choosing excursions, especially in St. Kitts and St. Croix.  There doesn't seem to be a lot to do on those islands.  We did book excursions for St. Lucia and Barbados that look like they'll be fun. 

We found places in San Juan to store luggage so we'll probably do that and then have lunch and look around San Juan until it's time to head to the airport later in the afternoon. What time does your flight leave on the 13th?

We are from Rochester! We are flying to Newark, NJ at 3:45. We have actually been to all of these islands on prior cruises. I just looked and when we were in St Croix 10 years ago we did a fun excursion that was half ATV riding half jet skiing with Gecko Island Tours. i’m not sure if it’s even still in business.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/30/2022 at 7:22 AM, Sun Lover said:

Hi.  Yes, we are on the same Voyager cruise.  We're from Syracuse.  We haven't been to a few of the islands on this itinerary but we're having a hard time choosing excursions, especially in St. Kitts and St. Croix.  There doesn't seem to be a lot to do on those islands.  We did book excursions for St. Lucia and Barbados that look like they'll be fun. 

We found places in San Juan to store luggage so we'll probably do that and then have lunch and look around San Juan until it's time to head to the airport later in the afternoon. What time does your flight leave on the 13th?

When we were in St. Croix we did an ATV tour with Gecko's (https://www.geckosislandadventures.com/).  They were fantastic.  We had a great time.  It was run by a couple from Colorado that moved to the island years ago.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/30/2022 at 8:22 AM, Sun Lover said:

We found places in San Juan to store luggage so we'll probably do that and then have lunch and look around San Juan until it's time to head to the airport later in the afternoon.

Can you share these locations?

We have been looking at bag check alternatives in SanJuan specifically the IslaVerde area for our February disembarkation and have been limited. The Bounce,Bag Away types have no convenient cost effective sites. Disembarking early on a Sunday leaves many restaurants and stores especially closed (at least in the past when in Old SanJuan) .Am looking at hotels, any  new insite appreciated.

28 minutes ago, rumnsun said:

We have been looking at bag check alternatives in SanJuan specifically the IslaVerde area for our February disembarkation and have been limited. The Bounce,Bag Away types have no convenient cost effective sites. Disembarking early on a Sunday leaves many restaurants and stores especially closed (at least in the past when in Old SanJuan) .Am looking at hotels, any  new insite appreciated.

Consider.

https://trinitariahouse.com/luggage-storage

They also an airport cab service from their premises for an additional fee.

Look at the app Bounce. They partner with local businesses to store bags and it's about $8 a bag. Like Airbnb and Turo. I am using this to store carseats as we are in town for the day but docking at Pan American Pier. Usually hotels or businesses. There are a bunch in Old San Juan and other parts of town.

From an earlier post, but it might be of interest...

We did this tour in March 2020.  You simply walked off of the ship and there were reps waiting to take you on your tour.  I believe we paid $30 pp.  You visited Condado area, then OSJ.  You had the option to self tour or as we did, go for lunch.  Those with earlier flights went to the airport.  The driver then returned to pick up the remaining passengers and bring us to the airport.  Very flexible tour.  The van held roughly 12-15 people and your luggage is stored safely in the back.  Nice commentary throughout tour.  We use this tour everytime while in San Juan due to our 4-5pm flights.

• 2 weeks later...