Rotterdam Cabin Question

LvBlueWater

Hi, LvBlueWater,

I cannot speak to your particular cabin choice. We had an inside cabin (1148) on our Dec. 2021 Rotterdam cruise and it was more than adequate for us. We are 80ish. We have cruised on HAL more than other line having mostly inside cabins of various sizes. The ship is spectacular. We love the Musicwalk for entertainment. The specialty restaurants are worth the extra fees. I usually do not recommend spending the extra money but Rotterdam, do it! Try a warm chocolate chip cookie at the Grand Dutch Cafe (free!).

Jim

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, LvBlueWater said:

Just looking on advice or pics of a cabin we are looking to book. It is on the Rotterdam ve 7180.

The Koningsdam's 7174 is also a verandah which can be seen here - also other verandahs are pictured on the Website

https://halfacts.com/pinnacle-class/7174-koningsdam/

We have been in several verandahs on Pinnacle class ships and they are our favorite staterooms. Yes, the space between the end of the bed(s) and the wall is limited and the angle of the toilet causes some folks a bit of discomfort. But we really like the large showers and the arrangement of the furniture. And we like the Pinnacle venues just a tad better than those on Signature class ships.

• Thanks 2

This is from my Rotterdam review back in March:

"We were in VE and it was crowded. It would have been tight if I was in there by myself let alone with someone else. There was 2 ft. between the end of the beds and the wall. The beds are smaller than a regular twin bed. The cabin door, bathroom door, and closet doors all converge, so we had to be careful coming back to the cabin that we didn't slam into the other person coming out of the bathroom or getting something out of the closet. There's a semi-sofa in an awkward position next to the sliding glass door, and a tiny coffee table. Both useless. We hardly ever used the balcony, and I would never book a balcony cabin again unless it was part of a suite. Very small bathroom and a person of size would have difficulty using it."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, LvBlueWater said:

Hello. Just looking on advice or pics of a cabin we are looking to book. It is on the Rotterdam ve 7180. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. 

Here are some photos from Rotterdam cabin 7175.  It should be a mirror image of 7180.  It is on the starboard side of the ship directly across from where 7180 is located.  Both are adjoining cabins so you will see a door along the wall that non-adjoining cabins do not have.  

Rotterdam Stateroom 7175 (cruisedeckplans.com)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, AFNavigator said:

Here are some photos from Rotterdam cabin 7175.  It should be a mirror image of 7180.  It is on the starboard side of the ship directly across from where 7180 is located.  Both are adjoining cabins so you will see a door along the wall that non-adjoining cabins do not have.  

Rotterdam Stateroom 7175 (cruisedeckplans.com)

Curious....is this photo of the old Rotterdam?  The TV is in an odd place, and the wall behind the bed is not usually a mirror like that....The sofa looks odd, as does the desk....

L.

• Like 1

On 9/26/2022 at 10:57 PM, KAKcruiser said:

Yes, they are the verandah cabin on the Rotterdam.  Only the first big picture is from a different ship.

Yeah, that site seems to do that...just shows the same generic HAL room in the large picture.  The photos below that are specific to the ship class and cabin selected.

• Like 1