Mykonos Sail and Swim or Mykonian Beach Experiene

Ronaldo807

Has anyone done either of these excursions through Celebrity? 

The first one apparently goes to both Paraga & Super Paradise Beach, but the details do not elaborate on the length of time at each spot, if a sun lounger is included, etc 

The second one appears to only go to Elia Beach. 

I couldn't find much on either excursion (plenty of information about the beaches themselves, but not the excursions) and would love to hear any feedback from anyone who has done either. 

We have been to those beachs (among others) but do not take cruise line excursions.  On Mykonos, DW and I generally walk to the bus station (there are two different bus stations in town) and just take a bus.  Once at a beach we negotiate a deal for loungers.   Since we are on our own, we stay as long as we please, sit were we please (assuming we can rent a lounger) and eat/drink where we please.

Hank

• 4 months later...
On 9/26/2022 at 1:56 PM, Ronaldo807 said:

Has anyone done either of these excursions through Celebrity? 

The first one apparently goes to both Paraga & Super Paradise Beach, but the details do not elaborate on the length of time at each spot, if a sun lounger is included, etc 

The second one appears to only go to Elia Beach. 

I couldn't find much on either excursion (plenty of information about the beaches themselves, but not the excursions) and would love to hear any feedback from anyone who has done either. 

@Ronaldo807 did you end up taking a Celebrity excursion?  I am interested in hearing about the sailing.  Was it a spacious boat? Do you sail long or is it mostly stopped at the beaches.  I don't prefer hanging out on a crowded beach all day, but would love to be on the water and have a stop for a while on the beach.

Hello,  I did take the sailing tour through Celebrity last summer and cannot recommend it unless you really like rough seas.

The wind/weather was too rough to drop anchor and the time at the beach was lovely but very limited due to the extra time needed to sail back.

Hope this helps.

I do not know about Celebrity excursions.

But, on any cruise ship excursion the details are important.

If it does not state that loungers are included,  then bank on having to pay ($$ - $$$) for them.

During the busiest times of the Summer season, loungers on these popular beaches can be booked up.  So, if they are not pre-arranged, you have to make the arrangements yourself before you cruise.

Look at videos of these beaches, and have a realistic idea of just how packed they can be, depending on when you cruise.

On our cruise line, it gives some details, like amount of time on the transfer boat, and how many people it holds.  So, I would have some idea. 

Know that there is a water taxi that goes back and forth along those beaches on the Southern part of the island.  It seems to be well used.

There are many sailing operations. Many go to the ancient sites on nearby Delos. One I have considered operates right out of New Port where the cruise ship will be.  It does Delos in the morning, and Afternoon Sunset cruises in the Afternoon/Evening.

I see that many sailing operators leave the option open to sail the Southern coast and beaches of the island if the wind is too high to sail the north-west (Delos) side.   So, that could be weather dependent.

Know that you probably will not be able to just hop a taxi to a beach.

There just are not any number of taxis available on the island. 

So either book ships transfers to a beach, or make sure you will have other transportation.

Edited by Wishing on a star

• 1 month later...
On 2/20/2023 at 4:02 PM, Wishing on a star said:

I do not know about Celebrity excursions.

But, on any cruise ship excursion the details are important.

If it does not state that loungers are included,  then bank on having to pay ($$ - $$$) for them.

During the busiest times of the Summer season, loungers on these popular beaches can be booked up.  So, if they are not pre-arranged, you have to make the arrangements yourself before you cruise.

Look at videos of these beaches, and have a realistic idea of just how packed they can be, depending on when you cruise.

On our cruise line, it gives some details, like amount of time on the transfer boat, and how many people it holds.  So, I would have some idea. 

Know that there is a water taxi that goes back and forth along those beaches on the Southern part of the island.  It seems to be well used.

There are many sailing operations. Many go to the ancient sites on nearby Delos. One I have considered operates right out of New Port where the cruise ship will be.  It does Delos in the morning, and Afternoon Sunset cruises in the Afternoon/Evening.

I see that many sailing operators leave the option open to sail the Southern coast and beaches of the island if the wind is too high to sail the north-west (Delos) side.   So, that could be weather dependent.

Know that you probably will not be able to just hop a taxi to a beach.

There just are not any number of taxis available on the island. 

So either book ships transfers to a beach, or make sure you will have other transportation.

Do you have the info on the sailing place that does Delos and the sunset cruises? Thank you! 

There are several!

This first one is a sailing yacht,  not a bigger catamaran.

I believe they operate, and depart, from the cruise dock.

https://www.mykonosseaexcursions.gr/

Here is another that has several larger catamarans.

I believe they depart from Ornos Beach.

https://mykonoscatamaran.com

I think we have decided in favor of staying on Mykonos and visiting a couple of beaches. 

But I did contact both of these, and got a good response.

• Like 1