Is this Boarding Time a Joke???

WestonOne

3 hours ago, WestonOne said:

Well, with eleven days to go and about 4 days after they assigned my cabin, they have finally allocated a more reasonable boarding time of 14:15.

I am glad they have done so, but it suggests a rather complicated process in the back office!

I think you are being rather charitable to assume there is a process, rather than randomness and chaos.

😀

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, techteach said:

@buchanan101 Please post a pic of your Lego Titanic. It has been on my Christmas list but I’m challenged with where to place it once complete. Also, the 4 year takes great delight in taking apart all of the Lego builds I do for him. I tend to become a little cranky. Seriously, would ❤️ to see your build.

It's a monster... It may just fit on a mantelpiece. It's going to be broken up and sold on ebay though!

IMG_4135.JPEG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, buchanan101 said:

It's a monster... It may just fit on a mantelpiece. It's going to be broken up and sold on ebay though!

IMG_4135.JPEG

Using the model to point out what parts of a ship are what to OH. She's really going to hate me on the crossing...

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, techteach said:

@buchanan101 Why are you going to break it up and sell it on ebay? What’s the detail like inside? The Home Alone House has great details in each room. Did they do that with this model such as the Queen’s Room?

The detail is at the splits between the different parts (it's 3 parts), and only really on the split. And is very so so... there are some turbines between middle and rear parts. The detail on rooms is very vague, given the scale. 

Ebay will get about 2/3rds of the cost back (helps justify the £580 cost)... And in November (after the QM2 crossing and NYC) the mantelpiece we have is going in a fireplace remodelling... so nowhere to put it!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, buchanan101 said:

The detail is at the splits between the different parts (it's 3 parts), and only really on the split. And is very so so... there are some turbines between middle and rear parts. The detail on rooms is very vague, given the scale. 

Ebay will get about 2/3rds of the cost back (helps justify the £580 cost)... And in November (after the QM2 crossing and NYC) the mantelpiece we have is going in a fireplace remodelling... so nowhere to put it!

Very practical, though less fun than creating a Lego iceberg and letting nature take its course.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, s.s.France said:

Concerning the original topic...

In QG, without cabin assigned, my boarding time was 1545 also. Initially, it stayed after cabin assignment. After a few days, it changed to the reasonable 1245...

As far as I can deduce from my experience and yours, the boarding time is from a different part of the 'system' to room allocation.  I noticed that on the mycunard home page it said my cabin number and the 15:45 time once it had been assigned, but if you then went to the boarding pass, it still said the cabin number was TBC.   It was only days later that the mycunard page showed a new time, and at the point the boarding pass had the correct cabin number.   That to me suggests two separate systems, one managing room allocations which is then passed to the other which manages boarding plans.  It also suggests to me that a lot of it is manual, because of the length of time between them.

On 10/6/2022 at 10:44 AM, buchanan101 said:

No - there are two different packages, one supposed good for streaming...

Anyone done a speed test on either? (On QM2, preferably)

On QM2, Premium Package; I tried running Speedtest.net on a 'Motorola Moto G 5G Plus' several times. The test failed to run each time.

However in 14 days 890 photos and 7 videos totalling about 5GB backed up to my OneDrive folders without any problems. I compressed photos being posted to CC, Facebook and WhatsApp to make upload times faster.

Signal in cabin wasn't great, but I had no problems in public areas accessing websites, email and banking apps.

The system did log you out due to inactivity or loss of signal moving around ship. This wasn't a problem if you understood the stages required to re-connect, taking 10 to 15 seconds each time.

• Like 1

On 10/8/2022 at 9:35 PM, D&N said:

On QM2, Premium Package; I tried running Speedtest.net on a 'Motorola Moto G 5G Plus' several times. The test failed to run each time.

However in 14 days 890 photos and 7 videos totalling about 5GB backed up to my OneDrive folders without any problems. I compressed photos being posted to CC, Facebook and WhatsApp to make upload times faster.

Signal in cabin wasn't great, but I had no problems in public areas accessing websites, email and banking apps.

The system did log you out due to inactivity or loss of signal moving around ship. This wasn't a problem if you understood the stages required to re-connect, taking 10 to 15 seconds each time.

Good point - I wonder how much of the system's bandwidth is taken up by automatic uploading of photos to Onedrive, iCloud etc. Like you, mine automatically upload (to iCloud in my case)

On 10/6/2022 at 10:18 AM, Underwatr said:

So tell me more about the worst table in QG.

On QM2 in May they had added extra space between the tables for 2 that fit between the tiled walkway through the restaurant and the windows.  This meant that the tables for 2 furthest from the windows were half on the carpet and half on the tiles - and the 2 legs of each chair were on the carpet and the other 2 on the tiles.  I wouldn’t have been particularly happy on one of those tables.

We were in the Princess Grill on the QM2 and better than we expected space between tables for two.

I would estimate we had about 18 inches btw the tables which even gave them space for the cheese and Flambe tables to come thru.

We were in an area with a large amount of tables for two at the entrance of the Princess Grill. 

4 hours ago, Se1lad said:

On QM2 in May they had added extra space between the tables for 2 that fit between the tiled walkway through the restaurant and the windows.  This meant that the tables for 2 furthest from the windows were half on the carpet and half on the tiles - and the 2 legs of each chair were on the carpet and the other 2 on the tiles.  I wouldn’t have been particularly happy on one of those tables.

Oh well. I know which table we will get…