Cabin Selection on Princess website: black vs. green cabin

buckeye7

9 minutes ago, buckeye7 said:

I am trying to select a cabin on the Princess website. Most available cabins are color-coded green, but some are black and still seem available. Can anyone help me decipher the difference? Thank you so much!

Cabins are shown in numerous colours, the different colours representing different cabin grades.

So, you should have upwards of 20 different colours/cabins to choose from.

What ship are you looking at, and for which cruise ?

12 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Cabins are shown in numerous colours, the different colours representing different cabin grades.

So, you should have upwards of 20 different colours/cabins to choose from.

What ship are you looking at, and for which cruise ?

Ahhh….. maybe this cruise is about sold out so I only see 2 colors? I’m looking at Enchanted 7-day France/Italy in May or June. Is there a key code somewhere to know what they mean? Thank you!!

5 minutes ago, buckeye7 said:

Ahhh….. maybe this cruise is about sold out so I only see 2 colors? I’m looking at Enchanted 7-day France/Italy in May or June. Is there a key code somewhere to know what they mean? Thank you!!

OK - we may be at cross purposes here.

If you look at a deck plan, you will see all the various colour coded cabins, with a key alongside them.

When you actually come to book an exact cabin for the cruise you have selected,  you choose the type of cabin you want (eg inside, balcony, minisuite) and then whereabouts on the ship you want to be. That then shows the availability. 

Does that help ? 

Go to the Princess web site. Select onboard our ships. Then select Enchanted Princess and then deck plans. All the categories are show there by deck. I see Green is a cat. BF balcony cabin and kind of grey is a cat BC balcony cabin. Same cabin design, different locations with BC perceived by Princess as a better location than BF. There are many different colors. To search for what cabins are connecting if you wish to find or eliminate them check the connecting cabin box. 

49 minutes ago, buckeye7 said:

I am trying to select a cabin on the Princess website. Most available cabins are color-coded green, but some are black and still seem available. Can anyone help me decipher the difference? Thank you so much!

I think I know what your seeing.  If you go to select a cabin…the one in black is the one they have selected, (in the selection box) the other ones in green are what is also available in the same category.

Select one of the green cabins and you’ll 

see what I mean.

16 minutes ago, wowzz said:

OK - we may be at cross purposes here.

If you look at a deck plan, you will see all the various colour coded cabins, with a key alongside them.

When you actually come to book an exact cabin for the cruise you have selected,  you choose the type of cabin you want (eg inside, balcony, minisuite) and then whereabouts on the ship you want to be. That then shows the availability. 

Does that help ? 

Yes thank you! I am in the process of actually selecting a cabin and most of the “choices” are green, showing they are an option. But occasionally one will be black and is still an option. But I think from your info maybe that refers back to colors in the deck plans. 

Just now, PacnGoNow said:

I think I know what your seeing.  If you go to select a cabin…the one in black is the one they have selected, (in the selection box) the other ones in green are what is also available in the same category.

Select one of the green cabins and you’ll 

see what I mean.

Gotcha!!!! That’s it!

18 minutes ago, skynight said:

Go to the Princess web site. Select onboard our ships. Then select Enchanted Princess and then deck plans. All the categories are show there by deck. I see Green is a cat. BF balcony cabin and kind of grey is a cat BC balcony cabin. Same cabin design, different locations with BC perceived by Princess as a better location than BF. There are many different colors. To search for what cabins are connecting if you wish to find or eliminate them check the connecting cabin box. 

Thank you! I was unaware of the color codes.