TSA?

xray0111

When going thru TSA with a CPAP machine should I mark the machine as "CPAP"?  Should I go ahead and open it?  It's about the size of a laptop computer.  I'll also have some papers from work to review that I will put in one of the pockets while on the flight.  I'm just trying to make it easier for TSA and me to get thru the security.

Thanks,

XRAY

Throw your cpap bag in a bin and send it through X-ray. No special labels or anything else. As pointed out, hundreds  go through security each day at each airport. Since I have precheck, my cpap just stays in my roller and does not even come out if I am hand caring. Or in my checked luggage if I have any. I travel almost weekly and have carried a cpap for many years. If I am cruising, my cpap stays in my Che led luggage for air and cruise checkin. 

Edited by BirdTravels

https://www.tsa.gov/travel/frequently-asked-questions/am-i-allowed-carry-my-cpap-machine-onboard-plane-do-i-have-remove

Am I allowed to carry my CPAP machine onboard the plane, do I have to remove it from my carry-on?

A nebulizer, CPAP, BiPAP and APAP must be removed from its carrying case and undergo X-ray screening. Facemasks and tubing may remain in the case. You may provide a clear plastic bag to place the device through the X-ray.

11 hours ago, crzndeb said:

I have always put my Cpap through the scanner in its original Resmed bag. I have never had to remove it from the bag.

My Son in Law the same. Only once they had to open it when wasn't 100% dry and still had small amount of water in it 

12 hours ago, Ret MP said:

https://www.tsa.gov/travel/frequently-asked-questions/am-i-allowed-carry-my-cpap-machine-onboard-plane-do-i-have-remove

Am I allowed to carry my CPAP machine onboard the plane, do I have to remove it from my carry-on?

A nebulizer, CPAP, BiPAP and APAP must be removed from its carrying case and undergo X-ray screening. Facemasks and tubing may remain in the case. You may provide a clear plastic bag to place the device through the X-ray.

Mine is always inside a backpack or carryon with other things and have never been asked to take it out in over 20 years

• Like 1