Koningsdam Retreat Cabanas

Sherry H

Considering reserving a retreat cabana on our Koningsdam cruise.  Is there a hot tub in that area?  I have found photos of the area on the Nieuw Statendam and the Rotterdam that show a hot tub however on the Koningsdam I can only find pictures of a platform with a green rabbit on top.  Strange!!  Anybody??

36 minutes ago, Sherry H said:

Considering reserving a retreat cabana on our Koningsdam cruise.  Is there a hot tub in that area?  I have found photos of the area on the Nieuw Statendam and the Rotterdam that show a hot tub however on the Koningsdam I can only find pictures of a platform with a green rabbit on top.  Strange!!  Anybody??

It’s the green rabbit only.  Rumour has it the bunny wouldn’t fit in the kids club so it lives in the retreat.

Edited by Florida_gal_50

9 hours ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

I don’t remember them being small.  They looked normal size to me from the ground.  I’m not a hot tub person though unless it was my own.  I’m not a stew with strangers person. 

Here are some pics of the NS retreat - hot tub is pic number 21-27

https://www.cruisecritic.com/photos/ships/nieuw-statendam-1179/the-retreat-420880/the-retreat--v18664193/

Edited by The-Inside-Cabin

No hot tubs in the Retreat on the Koningsdam. We are very much looking forward to them on the NS, but the Koningsdam is our local ship for our Thanksgiving cruises. I might possible skip paying for the spa for the week if there was a hot tub in the Retreat. We love it anyways, the breeze, the service, the peace and quiet, the proximity to the Crow's Nest for coffee and cocktails. Once we started booking the Cabanas, we actually just went down to booking a spa inside cabin, so we are always 1 -2  floors walking from our room to the cabana.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, The-Inside-Cabin said:

Here are some pics of the NS retreat - hot tub is pic number 21-27

https://www.cruisecritic.com/photos/ships/nieuw-statendam-1179/the-retreat-420880/the-retreat--v18664193/

So is it small?  I can't tell.  I've never been in the "public" ones on the ship.  That said, if the "public" ones are for the other 2000+ passengers and these ones are for 50 (?) that could use it in the retreat it would make sense that they would be smaller.

3 hours ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

So is it small?  I can't tell.  I've never been in the "public" ones on the ship.  That said, if the "public" ones are for the other 2000+ passengers and these ones are for 50 (?) that could use it in the retreat it would make sense that they would be smaller.

That tiny hot tub looks more like a "sit on the border and dangle your legs in the water" tub.  A possible reason for the tub's relatively small size may be weight and water movement.  Even as small as that hot tub is, it's probably still 2-3 thousand pounds, water included resulting in need to strengthen underlying structure.  Water movement issues get amplified too the larger the water mass is and the higher it is on the ship.  Alternatively, it could be something as simple as not having a lot of excess room in the retreat area for a larger hot tub.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

Here is an aerial shot of the NS under construction - from this view it looks like the hot tubs are similar in size. Looks like there may be one larger one in the seaview pool area...image.png.34b8aa9dcc6c688b20609ffe375b98aa.png

image.thumb.png.a11b200fb5dbe4f5f936f71a5f12d8c0.png

image.png.8b8895495955b08bb9cb2b61089826fb.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1