When did they stop you having to go through customs coming home from the Bahamas?

bguppies

Customs is still there and they use facial recognition to flag people if need be.

But I guess they decided it wasn't worth the effort to track down most cruisers for the duty on a few bottles of liquor or cartons of cigarettes. So they mostly just wave people on through nowadays.

13 minutes ago, mz-s said:

Customs is still there and they use facial recognition to flag people if need be.

But I guess they decided it wasn't worth the effort to track down most cruisers for the duty on a few bottles of liquor or cartons of cigarettes. So they mostly just wave people on through nowadays.

I was wondering the same thing when we disembarked in Charleston.  Felt like getting off a domestic flight.  I didn't see any facial recognition machines but maybe I didn't notice.

19 minutes ago, mz-s said:

Hahahaha Try that at Galveston. TABC is there trying to search as many people as they can.

8 hours ago, Retiredmedic said:

Hahahaha Try that at Galveston. TABC is there trying to search as many people as they can.

TABC always asks but I have never seen them search anyone. As for CBP, you get to go through because the cute little doggie didn't pee on your luggage