This was on the NCL site for Canada.

Topdog52

I am hoping NCL will make a formal announcement soon.

For Sailings on or after September 30, 2022:

Canada has removed all COVID-19 entry restrictions for all travelers regardless of citizenship. Guests will no longer have to:

• submit public health information through the ArriveCAN app or website
  • provide proof of vaccination
  • undergo pre- or on-arrival testing
  • carry out COVID-19-related quarantine or isolation
  • monitor and report if they develop signs or symptoms of COVID-19 upon arriving to Canada.
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, trivimp said:

I'm on the 9/30 sailing of the Pearl, which is a New England/Canada route from Boston.  We were notified yesterday via email of the changed requirements.  

Would you mind sharing the email. You know how NCL is, half of us will get the email and half will not.

Dear Valued Guest,

On behalf of Norwegian Cruise Line (NCL), we thank you for your loyalty and for making us your vacation of choice. We have important information regarding cruises visiting Canada. Travel partners should share the below information with guests who may be affected.

As you prepare for your upcoming sailing, we want to ensure that your embarkation process runs smoothly. As such, we want to make you aware of our latest health and safety protocols, as well as the travel requirements for the destinations you will visit.

REQUIREMENTS FOR CRUISES THAT VISIT CANADA
Effective for sailings September 30, 2022 forward, all COVID-19 travel requirements, including vaccination, mandatory use of ArriveCAN, and any testing and quarantine/isolation protocols will no longer be required for travelers entering Canada by land, air or sea.

Although Canada has lifted its COVID-19 travel requirements, including those specific to cruise passengers, all guests must still meet the following NCL embarkation requirements to board their upcoming cruise.

NCL EMBARKATION REQUIREMENTS
Given the relaxation of global protocols and travel requirements, we have updated our health protocols to welcome all guests to sail with us, regardless of vaccination status. As such, all guests ages 12 years and older, must provide proof of one of the following:

1. Proof of completed series of one-dose or two-dose vaccination regimen. Please visit www.ncl.com/sail-safe for a full list of accepted vaccines and additional information.'

OR

2. Proof of a negative COVID-19 antigen or NAAT test (i.e., PCR) taken within three days of the embarkation date.

Guests 6 months to 11 years are welcome aboard with no restrictions. While we welcome unvaccinated guests, it is the responsibility of the guest to be aware of any local protocols and/or travel restrictions in place at the visiting destinations at the time of sailing.

We cannot wait to welcome you onboard.

Regards,
Norwegian Cruise Line

Hmmmm….just checked on my cruise which departs from NYC to Canada on Oct 30.

This is what’s listed on the requirements attached to my cruise…

Sail Safe. Feel FreeVACCINATIONS, HEALTH & SAFETY

Vaccination icon

Pre-Cruise Vaccinations, Testing, Screening & Check-in

All guests age twelve and over must be fully vaccinated at least 2 weeks prior to embarkation. Proof of accepted vaccination against COVID-19 must be shown at the cruise pier to board the ship. Pre-cruise testing and additional health screenings for unvaccinated guests under the age of twelve (on sailings from or to a U.S. or Canadian port) will be conducted at terminal for extra measure.

Unless otherwise stipulated by local regulations (Cruise Travel Requirements by Country) that would supersede our policy, at time of check-in, all guests will be required to provide proof of a negative COVID-19 antigen or NAAT test (i.e. PCR) result administered by a verified third party or via medically supervised home test within two days prior to embarkation date for cruises originating in a U.S. or Canadian port and within three days prior for voyages departing from a non-U.S. port.

In order to facilitate, Norwegian has partnered with Inspired Diagnostics lab to ensure that guests have access to a quick, efficient and easy way to access the required FDA-approved proctored in-home antigen test prior to embarkation from the comfort of their own home. Inspired Diagnostics is a subsidiary of Inspire Health Alliance, a leader in best-in-class health services. Testing at home is safe, simple, and convenient. Purchasing in-home testing kits is simple.

• Receive the test kit(s) by UPS
  • Schedule an on-line proctoring consultation
  • Receive certified results via email

Guests are also responsible for complying with all local health and safety requirements which may include additional pre-embarkation testing at the terminal. On select sailings where local government or health authorities may require guests to partake in additional COVID-19 testing prior to boarding, NCL will provide free testing at the terminal. Please refer to Cruise Travel Requirements by Country for country specific requirements.

All unvaccinated guests under the age of 12 will be required to bring proof of a negative NAAT test (i.e. PCR) result administered by a verified third party within three days prior to embarkation date. Failure to comply will result in denial of boarding.

Additionally, unvaccinated guests under the age of 12 on sailings from or to a U.S. or Canada port will be subject to additional testing at embarkation and disembarkation administered and paid for by the cruise line, as part of the U.S Centers for Disease Control (CDC) Voluntary COVID-19 Program for Cruise Ships Operating in U.S. Waters.

Other available pre-embarkation testing services:

Additionally, the following services offer a verified third party or medically supervised at home testing: eMed or BioReference-Scarlett Concierge testing service – BioReference sends a trained Scarlet Health Professional to your home to collect your COVID-19 test specimen.

1 hour ago, graphicguy said:

Hmmmm….just checked on my cruise which departs from NYC to Canada on Oct 30.

This is what’s listed on the requirements attached to my cruise…

Sail Safe. Feel FreeVACCINATIONS, HEALTH & SAFETY

Vaccination icon

Pre-Cruise Vaccinations, Testing, Screening & Check-in

All guests age twelve and over must be fully vaccinated at least 2 weeks prior to embarkation. Proof of accepted vaccination against COVID-19 must be shown at the cruise pier to board the ship. Pre-cruise testing and additional health screenings for unvaccinated guests under the age of twelve (on sailings from or to a U.S. or Canadian port) will be conducted at terminal for extra measure.

Unless otherwise stipulated by local regulations (Cruise Travel Requirements by Country) that would supersede our policy, at time of check-in, all guests will be required to provide proof of a negative COVID-19 antigen or NAAT test (i.e. PCR) result administered by a verified third party or via medically supervised home test within two days prior to embarkation date for cruises originating in a U.S. or Canadian port and within three days prior for voyages departing from a non-U.S. port.

In order to facilitate, Norwegian has partnered with Inspired Diagnostics lab to ensure that guests have access to a quick, efficient and easy way to access the required FDA-approved proctored in-home antigen test prior to embarkation from the comfort of their own home. Inspired Diagnostics is a subsidiary of Inspire Health Alliance, a leader in best-in-class health services. Testing at home is safe, simple, and convenient. Purchasing in-home testing kits is simple.

• Receive the test kit(s) by UPS
  • Schedule an on-line proctoring consultation
  • Receive certified results via email

Guests are also responsible for complying with all local health and safety requirements which may include additional pre-embarkation testing at the terminal. On select sailings where local government or health authorities may require guests to partake in additional COVID-19 testing prior to boarding, NCL will provide free testing at the terminal. Please refer to Cruise Travel Requirements by Country for country specific requirements.

All unvaccinated guests under the age of 12 will be required to bring proof of a negative NAAT test (i.e. PCR) result administered by a verified third party within three days prior to embarkation date. Failure to comply will result in denial of boarding.

Additionally, unvaccinated guests under the age of 12 on sailings from or to a U.S. or Canada port will be subject to additional testing at embarkation and disembarkation administered and paid for by the cruise line, as part of the U.S Centers for Disease Control (CDC) Voluntary COVID-19 Program for Cruise Ships Operating in U.S. Waters.

Other available pre-embarkation testing services:

Additionally, the following services offer a verified third party or medically supervised at home testing: eMed or BioReference-Scarlett Concierge testing service – BioReference sends a trained Scarlet Health Professional to your home to collect your COVID-19 test specimen.

Where are you finding that?  Do you have a link?

14 minutes ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

What a cluster.

Assuming those providing screenshots in this thread are being honest (and no reason not to believe), It is inexcusable that NCL has contradictory information posted about something so important.

Shame on them.

I just got off the phone with my PCC. He told me if you have been vaccinated just bring your card and no testing. If you have not been vaccinated you need to test before the cruise. He also said that their site may not be updated because of the Hurrricane and the offices are closed. If you click on the Norwegian logo in the top left corner you will see this.  As per usual confusion with NCL.                                                                                   

For Sailings on or after September 30, 2022:

Canada has removed all COVID-19 entry restrictions for all travelers regardless of citizenship. Guests will no longer have to:

• submit public health information through the ArriveCAN app or website
  • provide proof of vaccination
  • undergo pre- or on-arrival testing
  • carry out COVID-19-related quarantine or isolation
  • monitor and report if they develop signs or symptoms of COVID-19 upon arriving to Canada.

For Sailings on or before September 29, 2022:

PLEASE NOTE: All guests must complete ArriveCAN submission within 72 hours of embarkation. ArriveCAN receipt must be presented at check in on embarkation day. Guests must select "Arriving by Ship.

• Like 1

Actually, the hurricane is a somewhat reasonable excuse, but you would think someone in an office elsewhere could update (not to mention the news came out on Monday). 

But your PC is correct. A little grace is probably in order. 

Edited by BermudaBound2014

We are on the 10/2 sailing of the Breakaway and would have tested this Friday. We got the official email yesterday which indicated that the ArriveCAN/testing requirement was off. This morning, however, an email stating the opposite came through. It was apparently an automated deal that should have been canceled but wasn’t. 

12 hours ago, dwjones1 said:

My email from NCL this morning for Canada was the exact opposite. Must have ArriveCAN, vaccinated, and proof of negative test to board. The email said it was an important change and was dated 9/28/22. 

I got both letters.   I leave  October 2.

14 hours ago, pbenjamin said:

We are on the 10/2 sailing of the Breakaway and would have tested this Friday. We got the official email yesterday which indicated that the ArriveCAN/testing requirement was off. This morning, however, an email stating the opposite came through. It was apparently an automated deal that should have been canceled but wasn’t. 

Let us hope NCL will come out with a statement about an automated deal that should have been canceled but wasn’t. If not people will still be up in the air about what to do.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, mscdivina2016 said:

I actually have a letter from Katy Bird stating the testing and such as posted above is in fact not needed for my 10/1 cruise from Vancouver 

could you share this with us. Many people are getting to emails and this would help.

11 hours ago, cruisingin2011 said:

Thanks…..It would be great if NCL would be on top of this as it happens vs after the fact.

The “Sail Safe” protocols that were attached to my reservation yesterday and now gone.  I’m betting they’re updating them and will post new ones later.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Just checked again.  This shows up when you click the “Sail Safe” again.

https://www.ncl.com/ca/en/sail-safe

Right.  So no requirements for Canada and the only people who need to test for NCL are any unvaccinated passengers.  Looks like the Canada protocols have been updated on NCL's site.  Hopefully Bermuda is next.

It'll be so nice to just be able to board a ship again without all the added stress of extra forms and tests.

• Like 1