Some AmaWaterways questions

sjde

What do people dress like for dinner?

On the Douro excursions,  do you have any time to walk around on your own? Or outside of the excursions?

And also on the Douro cruise, are there opportunities to rent bikes? 

TIA!

We've sailed on two AMA cruises and it both cases people were casually dressed. I usually wore a pair of khaki slacks and a polo or collared shirt. Jane relied on slacks and a brightly colored top and a sweater.  Jeans and shorts were almost nonexistent in at dinnertime. YMMV 🤷‍♂️

I'm sure you can borrow this ship's bicycles whenever you want as long as they aren't being used by a tour group. 

Have fun, Sue!!!
Paul

• Like 2

Im not big into dressing up.  I wear whatever I was wearing all day, t-shirt and jeans usually.  Others generally would wear slacks and a collared shirt to dinner at least.

There is a requested dress code of business casual or better one night but other than that, its up tot he guests.

Free time depends on the cruise, cant speak for the Douro cruises personally.  But in general in some ports you will. have hours to nearly all day to do your own thing after the scheduled excursions.

On 10/4/2022 at 9:06 PM, texasstar said:

Seniormom,  Did you do the Lisbon extension prior to your cruise?  If so, did you have time to do things on your own in conjunction with the planned excursions?

Yes, we did the Lisbon extension (on the back end of our cruise).  Afternoons were often open for our own exploration.  We did not get the agenda until we were on our way, so would have been a little difficult to preplan alternate excursions ahead of time.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Returned a week ago from France and the AmaKristina.  The vast, vast majority were dressed casually (including blue jeans)  for dinner.  Everyone looked neat.  Depending on when an afternoon tour ended many wore the same thing to dinner with some perhaps changing a top.  

• Host Jazzbeau changed the title to Some AmaWaterways questions