Separate stateroom for kids?

claireruth

I'm interested in booking a cruise for spring break for myself, my husband, and our two teenage sons (17 and 14).  We want two staterooms so the boys could have their own room and we'd have our own.  Would we book it with my husband and one kid in one room and myself and the other kid in the other room?  Is that the best way to do it?  When we're on ship do we need to change it so everyone is listed in the right room, or will that not be allowed because they're minors?  TIA!

Try to book on a cruise / route with only 0 or 20% single occupancy fee. So you both can book 1 cabin. 

Otherwise you will pay for 4 person. For that price you are in range to book a suite I guess. 

Edited by Aeroplex

It has been reported here that MSC does not issue extra keys, they expect you to sleep as booked.  Depending on which class of ship you book, you might get around this if you book on a class that has bracelets as well as cards.  The trading couple could trade cards or bracelets to be able to access the preferred cabins.  But I would check the MSC regulations, as you might be able to book the kids in their own cabin if they are connecting.  EM

MSC is strict on making sure that children are supervised at all times (no free range children roaming the ship).

The following statement from MSC's FAQs seem to be implicit about children being supervised at all times including cabins.

Minors onboard must be supervised by a parent or a legal guardian at all times and are welcome at the activities onboard or at shore excursions, provided that a parent or legal guardian is present. Guests under the age of 18 are prohibited from disembarking the ship unless accompanied by a legal guardian or an adult duly authorised from the legal guardian to accompany the minor, by virtue of an official consent of the latter. Children cannot remain onboard if their parents or legal guardian go ashore, unless expressly authorized by the onboard staff.

On 9/28/2022 at 7:26 PM, Homosassa said:

MSC is strict on making sure that children are supervised at all times (no free range children roaming the ship).

The following statement from MSC's FAQs seem to be implicit about children being supervised at all times including cabins.

Minors onboard must be supervised by a parent or a legal guardian at all times and are welcome at the activities onboard or at shore excursions, provided that a parent or legal guardian is present. Guests under the age of 18 are prohibited from disembarking the ship unless accompanied by a legal guardian or an adult duly authorised from the legal guardian to accompany the minor, by virtue of an official consent of the latter. Children cannot remain onboard if their parents or legal guardian go ashore, unless expressly authorized by the onboard staff.

Diisagree with 1st sentence...remainder is accurate. Weve cruises twice on Seaside and never had to constantly be with my grandchild. As long as they behaved...never an issue. This isn't prison..and well behaved children are given liberties...Its their vacation too

Edited by lcpagejr