Britannia.

Funboy

2 hours ago, jaydee6969 said:

Having caught covid whilst on a cruise, I know.  No need for wishing ill on other members of the forum!  (not you, but the original poster)

I was not wishing I’ll on other members of the forum. I said that whoever came on our coach or came on board with covid then that is whom I am wishing they suffer as we have done.It has cost us £3000 plus and a ruined 55th Anniversary cruise.. Even on the shuttle in to Copenhagen this morning some were not wearing masks and some definately had covid. There are some very selfish people around.

2 hours ago, zap99 said:

Same here, when we booked those were the rules. Over the next day or so we will test ourselves. Once on the ship there is no need unless we feel it is necessary. If we develop a bit of a cough ...I would predict a good many folk will develop one as well.

Believe me, it won’t be a bit of a cough If you only have mild symptoms then you will still be passing it on  It could kill somebody.

36 minutes ago, Bazrat said:

Yet again the observations in my mind complaints about what changed since you booked your cruises, we are still in the middle of a pandemic it is not the cruiselines fault that we are still in the middle of it, those who booked there cruises in the belief that world would be back to normal by now, seam to getting there information from completely the wrong places.

Let's hope you and your good lady don't end up in quarantine or worse with covid before you go.  The "complaints" that you refer to can lead to very major financial loss which most people would rightly question.

P&O have apparently not liaise with their insurance partners regarding quarantine being covered by insurance so you stand to lose a lot of money - as Funboy is finding out.

Are you truthfully telling us that is okay with you - say you test positive on the 3rd day of your transatlantic and quarantine immediately for minimum 6 days, you'd be happy?  Or would you be angry because when you booked you were told you'd get FCC and now you won't. 

Fingers crossed for you to sail safely.

15 hours ago, Funboy said:

I don’t think it was just a complaint to be honest. Just around the ship it was obvious there were a lot of cases . It was just that now they have opened their ears instead of ignoring it.

I’m not saying there aren’t lots of cases but I would imagine some of the coughs will be post - covid cough.

I’m coughing constantly at the moment, weeks after having Covid. I’ve had people glare at me at the shops this week for coughing, I need a ‘I have post-covid cough’ badge 🥴

When I cruised in May my sister & I got cruise-cough too from the air con. We tested just in case and were negative.

• Like 2

Funboy, as you were ill so soon into your cruise. Have you not considered it was you spreading it? As you are infectious before symptoms show. Normally I would never mention this as I believe it isn't a person's fault they get illl, but I think it should be considered

I would like to add I can understand your anger and frustration from being locked in a room for 6 days 

Edited by happy v

4 hours ago, Bazrat said:

Yet again the observations in my mind complaints about what changed since you booked your cruises, we are still in the middle of a pandemic it is not the cruiselines fault that we are still in the middle of it, those who booked there cruises in the belief that world would be back to normal by now, seam to getting there information from completely the wrong places.

I believe with respect that you have missed one important point. WE know it is far from over but P&O have cancelled fcc because THEY say it is no longer a pandemic. If it is now classed as something we have to live with then why are P&O still isolating people. They don’t do it for flu etc and yet they are treating it the same.

1 hour ago, Funboy said:

On our coach down ,despite the coach Co requirement we were the only two out of thirty or so to wear masks and several people were coughing all the way.

I am astonished that any organisation such as a coach company still has compulsory mask rules, and has not moved to a ‘recommended but not required’ position.

Even my GP’s surgery has now moved to that with no patients, myself included, wearing a mask (or the receptionists).

And as for being quarantined onboard, only those who test themselves or report to the medical bay for a test will end up being quarantined. You might strongly disagree with that, but that will be the reality.

Edited by picsa

21 hours ago, Megabear2 said:
21 hours ago, Funboy said:

Latest is a circular from the Director of Health services, Carnival U K. To say masks must be worn at all times due to large numbers of new cases.

Not going too well with this new no testing or masks then.  Ventura also under compulsory mask mandate. Interesting its come from ashore rather than onboard.  

After booking on the phone only yesterday for an October 8-18th cruise to spain/portugal only yesterday and were told absolutely about the mask-wearing situation, I phoned up earlier after reading this and the Ventura posts. I was told they were just heresay.

I told them we are both immune suppressed but I also have asthma and have trouble wearing masks (since getting Covid!)  and would never had booked and put myself in that situation had we been informed - they said they knew nothing at all in the booking office which is why we weren't informed when we booked but their "adopting protocol to protect everyone onboard" covers them. They also said it might be an optional/advisory thing.

No refund or delayed booking. Now feel we've been hoodwinked and am very concerned

7 minutes ago, s&gsjollies said:

After booking on the phone only yesterday for an October 8-18th cruise to spain/portugal only yesterday and were told absolutely about the mask-wearing situation, I phoned up earlier after reading this and the Ventura posts. I was told they were just heresay.

I told them we are both immune suppressed but I also have asthma and have trouble wearing masks (since getting Covid!)  and would never had booked and put myself in that situation had we been informed - they said they knew nothing at all in the booking office which is why we weren't informed when we booked but their "adopting protocol to protect everyone onboard" covers them. They also said it might be an optional/advisory thing.

No refund or delayed booking. Now feel we've been hoodwinked and am very concerned

I'm sorry you are in a predicament. Unfortunately no cruise is guaranteed as mask free as if there are any outbreaks the rules can change immediately whi h is what has occurred on Ventura and Britannia's current voyages.

No one can say positively that a cruise will not be affected.

24 minutes ago, s&gsjollies said:

Even if mandatory then the requirement to wear a mask will still have the full range of exemptions from wearing one that it did before - so if you can’t then you don’t.

2 hours ago, Megabear2 said:

I'm sorry you are in a predicament. Unfortunately no cruise is guaranteed as mask free as if there are any outbreaks the rules can change immediately whi h is what has occurred on Ventura and Britannia's current voyages.

No one can say positively that a cruise will not be affected.

`I think the thing that's upsetting is all the Covid questions and responsibilities that flash up on the screen to us when we were checking availability, yet bookings are still being actively being taken for a ship that may well still have staff on board who will be suffering from the current Covid outbreak. If the booking office aren't aware it's because they haven't been informed but we really think that we should have been told that mask wearing if mandatory and testing should therefore be mandatory and proof of it needed before boarding 

Personally I think masks are great for protecting myself (and others!) and have used one throughout when I've gone into shops or crowded places. But I do want to be informed of higher risk and should have the choice to avoid it before booking. Not wearing a mask because of asthma issues will just leave me even more vulnerable and is not an option