Can you recover BOA points used for on board credit if you have to cancel your cruise?

truffles2

We recently had to cancel a B2B due to a family medical emergency at the last minute.  We had used BOA points for on board credit just a couple of weeks before having to cancel.  I thought I remembered reading about someone who was able to have the points reinstated.  Has anyone ever had any luck getting them to reinstate the points since the on board credit was not used because you had to cancel?  It does say that redemptions are final once processed.

1 minute ago, truffles2 said:

We recently had to cancel a B2B due to a family medical emergency at the last minute.  We had used BOA points for on board credit just a couple of weeks before having to cancel.  I thought I remembered reading about someone who was able to have the points reinstated.  Has anyone ever had any luck getting them to reinstate the points since the on board credit was not used because you had to cancel?  It does say that redemptions are final once processed.

Yes, we got points back after we cancelled Harmony TA last year

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, truffles2 said:

Did you do this before or after the date of the actual cruise?

We cancelled one, and didn't get the refund back on our account until after the cruise completed its sailing. The ship has to reconcile its accounts before the OBC is freed up. We never called, it just showed up.

Edited by orville99

13 hours ago, truffles2 said:

Can you give me some details?  circumstances, etc., who you spoke with, how you went about it.  So far, DH is batting zero!  Many thanks in advance....

I just called C&A, gave them original booking number, and they applied to a future sailing.

Today DH made final payment on our January cruise and at the same time asked them about our supposedly lost on board credit from the BOA points.  He was told there was nothing they could do....they could not refund the $ nor could they move them to a later cruise.  Shortly after they appeared as on board credit for the January cruise. 🙄🙂

• Like 2

The CS rep on the D+ line transferred the unused credits to our next future cruise.  I have an updated invoice showing it….so guess the bottom line is that it CAN be done.  It is amazing how many different stories were told us before this morning. 😳