How do I fire a PCC?

Rob_H

For the last few months I've been getting random phone calls from a person that is my PCC. I don't know his name as I never spoke with him. My husband uses his PCC who is a great person and helps him out a lot! Remember folks, I'm more of the plug it in the computer and do it on my own type of person...but he enjoys working with someone else.

Apparently, in the last couple weeks she got ownership over me too as she called and left a voicemail a few weeks ago. I told my husband and he gave her a call. Then, last night, at 9:36 PM she called and left a voicemail and followed it up with an email. My phone number has an area code from the mountain time zone, so I guess she figured I live somewhere in the Rocky's. Welp, at least she figured out I'm her customer, but I'm still not responding.

Why do you all respond to your PCC when they call out of the blue? I'm really confused about this. If someone from NCL calls me, I sure as heck ain't answering, unless I've left a message to get a call back. 

- Confused in NY

• Like 1

9 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

For the last few months I've been getting random phone calls from a person that is my PCC. I don't know his name as I never spoke with him. My husband uses his PCC who is a great person and helps him out a lot! Remember folks, I'm more of the plug it in the computer and do it on my own type of person...but he enjoys working with someone else.

Apparently, in the last couple weeks she got ownership over me too as she called and left a voicemail a few weeks ago. I told my husband and he gave her a call. Then, last night, at 9:36 PM she called and left a voicemail and followed it up with an email. My phone number has an area code from the mountain time zone, so I guess she figured I live somewhere in the Rocky's. Welp, at least she figured out I'm her customer, but I'm still not responding.

Why do you all respond to your PCC when they call out of the blue? I'm really confused about this. If someone from NCL calls me, I sure as heck ain't answering, unless I've left a message to get a call back. 

- Confused in NY

That's why I don't ever answer the phone unless it's a number I recognize (and even then only pick up half the time), or I'm expecting a call. That's what the technology lords invented voicemail for. No rule out there saying you have to call them back.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Sailing12Away said:

That's why I don't ever answer the phone unless it's a number I recognize (and even then only pick up half the time), or I'm expecting a call. That's what the technology lords invented voicemail for. No rule out there saying you have to call them back.

I take that a step further.  Any caller not in my Contacts List goes to voice mail.  If it's important enough, they can leave a message.  I'm so tired of receiving solicitations for extended car warranties (on a car I sold two years ago), burial insurance, and home warranties.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, leithbones said:

If you haven't already

DoNotCall.gov

or

1-888-382-1222

The Do Not Call program is in shambles.   The FTC stopped enforcing complaints to that effort years ago.   It needs a complete overhaul.  

And, in case it’s not obvious even if it was a useful tool, it’s a US only asset.  

• Like 1

On 10/21/2022 at 8:41 PM, Joja719 said:

So I guess the PCCs have some type of alerts for when we book? It was a bit creepy. And I wonder why a rebooking wouldn’t work for her?

Anecdotally yes and they also know when you've visited ncl.com a shop for a cruise even if you don't reserved one. If you don't want to be bothered, use privacy mode on your browser and don't be logged into your ncl account.

PCCs have called me and left voicemails stating "hey i see you're looking for a cruise. i'm your pcc blah blah blah" soon after visiting ncl.com

I have a fantastic PCC that I use.  She is responsive and helpful.  I started using her when I COULDNT book online, because the website decided the best cabins and wouldnt let me change it online.  because they were NOT the best for ME.  So I needed a different way (all the cabins I wanted, were indeed available, but i couldnt select them online - so my PCC had to look at them).  Even though the website has changed, I will still continue to use her.

I have made the deal with her that if it is a more urgent issue, regarding an immediate cruise and is something that CANT wait, I will call her.  Otherwise, if is it something that can be handled via email, I will send her an email, detailing my question(s) that way she can get the answer and get back to me.  INCLUDING booking new cruises.  I just send her what we are looking at, Date, Ship, Cabin Preference, destination, deviation (if needed).  she will call me back and get me booked.  she has (at my ok) automatically started adding in the gratuities to pre-pay, so I dont even worry about that anymore. Wish the website would allow us to do that too - would allow for a more complete comparison.  Because she is so wonderful, I want to continue to make sure she gets whatever credit for it.  even though I COULD do it myself online, and then just call her for the particulars.

I am always sharing her info where and when I can.  I know it is strongly discouraged here though. I am a member of all the roll calls, and FB groups for the roll calls.  I should point out that Yessica is the ONLY one that helps with ANY of my travels.  I usually do it all myself, online, after exhaustive research and comparison.  if I am repeating a destination, research is easier, as I know if im ok with the area, or hotel, or ...  and I know if I want to change and where.  I take a lot of mental notes, and whilke I dont always JUST remember, the destination or conversation will trigger that information.

On 10/25/2022 at 8:10 AM, RocketMan275 said:

.  That only works with those who follow the law.  Most of the scam callers are calling from outside the us and are spoofing their numbers. 

Yup.  Most of the UNWANTED (not SCAM) calls for US phones originate from inside US.  You can cut WAY down on these by telling  those who follow the law stop. 

It costs NOTHING, and takes LESS THAN A MINUTE.

You're correct that the system is faulty, with holes, and needs improved enforcement.  That is not the same as worthless.

I have never had to fire one.  I don't  use them ( I always book online at NCL). Although every year, I get an email introducing someone as my PCC ( gone thru 3 so far, without even talking to them).   The one time i actually did use my PCC, I didn't find the experience very helpful.  No extra perks were given. He just seemed to be interested in completing the booking, no chatter, no recommendations.    I can do the same work online myself.  If I have any questions later on, I just call customer service and give them the booking number.  I have had many customer service agents that were way more helpful than a PCC

• Like 1