While We Are All Enjoying Ourselves....

Ret MP

18 hours ago, Ret MP said:

Ya, but did you nail a bedsheet between two 2X4s and get on your skateboard?  Send pics/vid!  😉 

Believe it or not, we did that as kids.  I think I still have some aches and pains.

LOL...oh those days before bicycle helmets and helicopter parents. 

My Dad used to tie two ropes on his truck hitch, and pull my sister and I around the back roads in the snow on our aluminum flying saucers.  😄  We loved it!! 

Lots of clean up going on in our community.  Unbelievable amount of branches and palm fronds...some small trees...but happily nothing of real damage.  Feel so awful about all our friends on the southwest coast of Florida.  Was worse than Charley I think.  

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, island lady said:

LOL...oh those days before bicycle helmets and helicopter parents. 

My Dad used to tie two ropes on his truck hitch, and pull my sister and I around the back roads in the snow on our aluminum flying saucers.  😄  We loved it!! 

Lots of clean up going on in our community.  Unbelievable amount of branches and palm fronds...some small trees...but happily nothing of real damage.  Feel so awful about all our friends on the southwest coast of Florida.  Was worse than Charley I think.  

Definitely worse than Charley. Charley was also cat 4 but was very compact and fast moving. Not nearly the surge/water issues they’re experiencing from Ian. SW Florida was a second home to me growing up and I still visit frequently. Breaks my heart to see what they’re going through. Thoughts and prayers to all of those affected 😢

• Like 3