Question for back to back cruisers

rcssmom

My husband and I just booked three short cruises going back to back to back on the Summit.

I have a couple of questions for those who have done back to back cruises before.

I know there is a special procedure in between cruises where they will process us off and on the ship but how do they know we are doing a back to back?

Do i have to check in for all three cruises on the app? Do I take three different pictures? 

Thanks for your help.

Karen

2 minutes ago, rcssmom said:

My husband and I just booked three short cruises going back to back to back on the Summit.

I have a couple of questions for those who have done back to back cruises before.

I know there is a special procedure in between cruises where they will process us off and on the ship but how do they know we are doing a back to back?

Do i have to check in for all three cruises on the app? Do I take three different pictures? 

Thanks for your help.

Karen

Believe me they know.   How?  I don' t know.     Generally when you book a B2B your agent whether Celebrity or an agent stipulate that it's a B2B and there is a B2B and a OBC is given for each segment.    I guess they also have you name, date of birth and Passport Number and possibly you CC number  that would also tie you. 

I've never had a problem and if in question you could always ask at guest relations.  You room attendant and butler (if applicable) will also be notified and will facilitate if a room change takes place. 

You don't need to do online check in at all if you choose and don't but can check in for all 3.    I usually have a stock picture on my PC and just use it for all my checkins.    They often retake your picture whether uploaded or not as well as they always verbally ask you the health questions even if you filled out. 

You will be invited to a B2B meeting a couple days prior to turn around day and they will give you a letter defining the process in detail.   It varies by port and sometime done on the shim and often done where you have to go off the ship.   It depends on where they are doing immigration.   

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Best to check in for all three cruises and simply attach the same photo.  Procedures vary but you will get a notice the last day telling you when and where to get your new seapass.  Sometime you can stay on board.  Other times you are required to leave the ship, but can immediately come back on board.

Have always had a really nice lunch when on a B2B if we did not go into town.

• Thanks 1

Remember to ask for the B2B discount for each leg.  The amount is not much and varies depending on the length of the legs.  It is not automatically applied

The turnaround day process will be outlined at the B2B meeting and in the instruction letter. And B2B passengers are invited to the Concierge class embarkation lunch.

The turnaround day procedures are easy.  You will not be the only B2B passengers, and the crew has done this many times before.  Some folks try to overthink the process.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, rcssmom said:

Thank you everyone for your replies. I did ask about the B2B discount but was told it was only for six nights or longer. We are doing a 5-4-5.  Thanks again. You guys are great.

Karen

38 minutes ago, rcssmom said:

Thank you everyone for your replies. I did ask about the B2B discount but was told it was only for six nights or longer. We are doing a 5-4-5.  Thanks again. You guys are great.

Karen

That is also what we were told with our pending 4-4-5.

1 hour ago, rcssmom said:

Karen

I have a 4/10 B2B and have a $50 discount on the 4 night and $100 for the 10 night.

On 9/30/2022 at 10:33 PM, RTShaker said:

I have a 4/10 B2B and have a $50 discount on the 4 night and $100 for the 10 night.

This is how they know you’re a B2B cruiser.  Hopefully the OP had Celebrity or his/her TA identify them as B2B cruises for the discount 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Islandbuoy said:

Wondering if anyone knows or has experienced the covid testing requirement, where the 2nd leg is 10 or longer?

Just back a few days ago and they didn’t test before the second leg! Our cruises were 10& 11 nts, they still offer the lunch in main dining room on turn around day.

• Like 3

I booked directly with Celebrity and was told the first time there were no discounts.  The second time they offered me $100 per cruise (both 10 days or longer).

It is a matter of pure luck whether you OR your TA will get someone knowledgeable.  Your TA will just have to make a couple of calls until they get someone knowledgeable.

• Like 1