Former Crystal Mozart - able to book, now Riverside Luxury Cruises

Coral

Crystal Mozart had herb gardens on their deck also. I found that one comment weird. If food was "ready made" it was the best "ready made" food I have ever had.

I am glad they kept the ship mostly the same. I like the green egg idea. I also like they have a lot of the same crew - they were amazing!

Not thrilled at shorter itineraries. If I am flying to Europe, it is going to be for at least 10 days. My Mozart cruise was 10 nights plus 2 days in Vienna.

I hope Riverside does well! They definitely have some beautiful boats.

Yes - that article was much better.

3 hours ago, Coral said:

Not thrilled at shorter itineraries. If I am flying to Europe, it is going to be for at least 10 days. My Mozart cruise was 10 nights plus 2 days in Vienna.

I am looking at one of the 3-4 day cruises from Budapest to Vienna – they allow extra days in both of those cities, which none of the longer cruises (that I have found) allow.  Then I would add on time in Switzerland [maybe Scenic's Grand Alpine] to get to the 2-3 weeks we like to spend after flying over.  The devil, as usual, is coordinating dates between two bookings.

5 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

I am looking at one of the 3-4 day cruises from Budapest to Vienna – they allow extra days in both of those cities, which none of the longer cruises (that I have found) allow.  Then I would add on time in Switzerland [maybe Scenic's Grand Alpine] to get to the 2-3 weeks we like to spend after flying over.  The devil, as usual, is coordinating dates between two bookings.

Sounds like an amazing trip! I would love to spend more time in Vienna, have yet to go to Budapest but here it is amazing and Switzerland.......!!!!!!!!! Go ahead and plan it and I will tag along! You wouldn't mind it - would you??!

Edited by Coral

6 hours ago, Coral said:

Sounds like an amazing trip! I would love to spend more time in Vienna, have yet to go to Budapest but here it is amazing and Switzerland.......!!!!!!!!! Go ahead and plan it and I will tag along! You wouldn't mind it - would you??!

I'll check for cabins that accommodate 3...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 1 year later...
On 10/3/2022 at 2:22 AM, steamboats said:

What´s also a bit weird... they are offering 3, 4, 5 night trips (out of Vienna and Budapest) - which in general is a nice idea. But...not worth the travel for an American/Canadian/Aussie.

But all the short cruises are combinable into 7, 11, 12 day cruises. Really a good concept.

8 hours ago, CJANDH said:

But all the short cruises are combinable into 7, 11, 12 day cruises. Really a good concept.

First of all, you are replying to a 2 year old thread ;-).

Sure you can combine the cruises. But 2 years ago it was a pretty boring thing to combine two cruises as the itinerary was more or less the same. Obviously they´ve learned and now you can combine as an example Passau - Budapest (3 nights) with Budapest - Passau (4 nights) to a Passau roundtrip of 7 nights and the ports are different on both legs.

steamboats

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, steamboats said:

First of all, you are replying to a 2 year old thread 😉

True. But I am interested in how the brand is doing. I have booked a 12 day cruise on Mozart in July 2025. I have read that some of the Riverside cruises are sailing well under capacity. I am not sure I want to sail on an "empty" boat. So I am resurrecting the thread to try to get some current day thoughts/facts. You are at ground zero. Any insights would be welcome.

Chris.

Chris,

I haven´t had the chance (ahem time) to cruise with them yet. But they are on my bucket list.

Yes, at least last year many cruises were way below capacity. But that was their first year and they weren´t really well known by that time. And now they have 3 of their 4 ships up and running (the last one is chartered to a third party).

steamboats

• Like 1