Port of Miami - Car Rental - Sunday

fwman

I'm looking to rent a car at the end of my cruise next February. It seems that most companies near the port are closed on Sundays. Any Suggestions?

I need the car for a week and need to return it to the Tampa airport. 

Thank you.

Worst case, I would taxi to the airport and then ride the transit train to the rental car center and pick up your car.  The taxi may be able to take you directly to the rental car center, but I'm not sure.  Should be about a $30 taxi ride.

Edited by MeHeartCruising

Free shuttle service from the Port Of Miami to the Miami International Airport Rental Car Center was discontinued at the beginning of the Covid Pandemic. To my knowledge it hasn't been reinstated yet. If your renting from the Rental Car Center a cab for the short twenty minute ride is a set price of twenty eight dollars plus tip. The downtown Miami rental locations are very small and very busy on cruise turnaround days. Personally I would stick with the MIA rental car location.

17 hours ago, Corby114 said:

a cab for the short twenty minute ride is a set price of twenty eight dollars plus tip. 

Unfortunately this was changed about a week or two ago. Now there is no flat fee anymore between Miami Airport and Port of Miami. It´s all metered and you end up with app. 50 Dollar one way.

steamboats