YC arrival time

believe123

Good morning, can you arrive at port on embarkation day any time if you are YC? I tried calling MSC to ask and the guy started reading me the itinerary. There was a language barrier. We just got our bid accepted so I’m confused. Thanks so much for any insight. 

Well, you can come early, but not at 3:00 a.m.!  Assuming it is a cruise from the US, they won't begin boarding until after 10:30 for the most part.  The YC check-in area outside is usually not set up until 10:00.  YC check in does not take too long, so we usually try and arrive around 10:30.  That gives time for paperwork, a shore wait while the incoming passengers are off the ship.  That has almost always worked well for us.  Get our drink in the Top Sail Lounge and lunch by 12:00.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

We just sailed from Port Canaveral last Sunday. For the first time since the restart I saw port staff asking for check-in times to go up the escalator. It appeared to be somewhat enforced for non-YACHT CLUB guests. We were in Yacht Club so they didn’t care what our check-in time was. The terminal doors were opened at 9:30 and us Yacht Club guests were permitted to enter the terminal first. As JAGR stated check-in was very quick once inside the building.  

Dennis

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

In Miami, I arrived at the White Tent around 11:30 A. M.  I don't recall when I actually was aboard; there was some chaos that day for both non-YC and YC guests and had to wait at the YC tent longer than anticipated as well as in the YC Lounge within the terminal.  Missed YC Restaurant lunch when I did reach my suite, but, plenty of time for a nice lunch at the YC Grill.  

• Thanks 1

Weve done Yacht Club twice out of Miami...Usually arrive around 11am,,, No more than a 10 min wait before a butler takes you thru security then you go to Yacht Club lounge and enjoy beverages and finger snacks....Very relaxful as you wait for the staff to check you in and then your on your way inside the ship.  Enjoy,,,your in for a treat...Yacht Club is theb only way to go when cruising MSC

• Like 1

16 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

In Miami, I arrived at the White Tent around 11:30 A. M.  I don't recall when I actually was aboard; there was some chaos that day for both non-YC and YC guests and had to wait at the YC tent longer than anticipated as well as in the YC Lounge within the terminal.  Missed YC Restaurant lunch when I did reach my suite, but, plenty of time for a nice lunch at the YC Grill.  

We had same experience last November. 
In Miami, they were moving ships around and that day it was different Terminal for MSC. They had to set up and get ready for guests to come on in. YC tents were up in parking lot but no staff around.  We waited for about an hour. Arrived at 10:30.  Held again inside as they did not know where to take us for YC check in.  Obviously, patience was the order of the day.

Held again in YC lounge area. Finally onboard and had lunch YC Grill.

We booked an Aurea cabin. They say that you have priority bording with the Aurea Experience. Our boarding time in Miami is 10:30. Is there a special line? Do we board after YC or on the same time?