Apex-Which class of rooms have traditional balconies besides Retreat?

evelynw2

5 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

This is one of the “cove” or “hull” balconies mentioned in post #2

A0B87D79-3A54-4CC6-865E-B8F2F5CCC5CB.jpeg

7409DA8B-1B3D-46FC-AB4A-156713440FA4.jpeg

2470DEB9-B338-4573-AC2F-9BAD325E8FC2.jpeg

D964C11F-779F-4EA7-8949-5E1ED46EEB23.jpeg

Couple quick questions as I don't want to make any assumptions:

1. I take it the top part above the railing (?) is open to the air?

2. It looks like people can walk by on the outside on the lowest level?? Or is that just crew accessible?

Ok, 3 questions:

The ones you did *not* circle...are they hull balcony rooms or something else?

Thanks!

18 minutes ago, dlh015 said:

Couple quick questions as I don't want to make any assumptions:

1. I take it the top part above the railing (?) is open to the air?

2. It looks like people can walk by on the outside on the lowest level?? Or is that just crew accessible?

Ok, 3 questions:

The ones you did *not* circle...are they hull balcony rooms or something else?

Thanks!

Yes, open to the air.  It is not a movable window, it’s a glass railing like you expect a verandah to have.  Below photos show rain splashing on the table

crew only can use the access you see on the lower floor 

only the round openings are “hull balconies”.  All the others are the so-called “infinite verandahs”

68E557D6-C903-4BD4-A98A-4BB79CCC172F.jpeg

DCB5F1F9-4939-4071-BFED-90E571D7E507.jpeg

Edited by cruisestitch
  • Thanks 2

We're on the upcoming trans atlantic, on apex.  We're in Aqua. I didn't realize when I booked, about the infinite balcony. We REALLY want a real balcony.  We're trying for a move up, to a sky suite, but i doubt that will happen, as there are no suites available.  If we "downgrade" to the hull balcony, will we get obc, for the difference of our payment for aqua, or a refund?

3 minutes ago, hmorrow said:

We're on the upcoming trans atlantic, on apex.  We're in Aqua. I didn't realize when I booked, about the infinite balcony. We REALLY want a real balcony.  We're trying for a move up, to a sky suite, but i doubt that will happen, as there are no suites available.  If we "downgrade" to the hull balcony, will we get obc, for the difference of our payment for aqua, or a refund?

I understand that you would be repriced to the current fare for the new cabin which might be more or less than your Aqua cabin depending on when you booked.

1 minute ago, SbbquilterUT said:

I understand that you would be repriced to the current fare for the new cabin which might be more or less than your Aqua cabin depending on when you booked.

even if we've already made our final payment, and might not do this till we are onboard?

This is my bad for not doing research on the "edge" class ships, but we're REALLY not happy without a REAL balcony to cross the ocean. I know- first world problems....

Edited by hmorrow
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, hmorrow said:

Do you happen to know what decks they are on?

They are on decks 6,7, 8, & 9. P2 category on deck 6 and P1 on 7 thru 9. It looks like there's a decent amount available on your sailing, so I would wait to see if a move up bid is successful before you try to make any changes. If not successful, then you could wait to get onboard and decide whether the infinite veranda is a deal breaker. You could then ask guest services if you could move to one of the porthole veranda cabins while keeping the Aquaclass amenities. No guarantee they would do this. You could also keep your eye out for sunset verandas or ss becoming available. They normally keep a waitlist on record for people that want to upgrade, so you should probably call and get on this in case one opens.

IMO, the porthole veranda is worse than an infinite veranda. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, NorthStarStateCruiser said:

They are on decks 6,7, 8, & 9. P2 category on deck 6 and P1 on 7 thru 9. It looks like there's a decent amount available on your sailing, so I would wait to see if a move up bid is successful before you try to make any changes. If not successful, then you could wait to get onboard and decide whether the infinite veranda is a deal breaker. You could then ask guest services if you could move to one of the porthole veranda cabins while keeping the Aquaclass amenities. No guarantee they would do this. You could also keep your eye out for sunset verandas or ss becoming available. They normally keep a waitlist on record for people that want to upgrade, so you should probably call and get on this in case one opens.

The location doesn’t bother us. We actually like to be forward, as we like the movement…..

22 hours ago, NorthStarStateCruiser said:

Worse in what way? The veranda, itself, or the location of the cabin?