Live report- Britannia 223

db51

39 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Steak looks nice.

Are you meant to eat the garlic ? It will certainly help you in the social distancing department !

Next time, tell them your name is Graham,  and they will give you more than six chips !

I left the garlic. Seems such a waste, still all helps the Isle of Wight economy.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Photographers are back on the 8th.

I was told in the lift one woman was being taken off due to Covid, however we were in the middle of the sea at the time. 

Zapp we were in the Glass House last night around 8 ish. They seemed to be finished service quite early. I didn't take a photo of my food, but I did have half an egg with fish which I found strange.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, emam said:

Photographers are back on the 8th.

I was told in the lift one woman was being taken off due to Covid, however we were in the middle of the sea at the time. 

Zapp we were in the Glass House last night around 8 ish. They seemed to be finished service quite early. I didn't take a photo of my food, but I did have half an egg with fish which I found strange.

I had half an egg with my salad at lunch. DW said, I wonder who scoffed the other half. MDR tonight. Sail away may be a bit damp, looking at the Sky. We walked back from Palma to the ship. It doesn't look far. 65 blooming minutes. Not far..!🤣

• Haha 5

32 minutes ago, zap99 said:

I had half an egg with my salad at lunch. DW said, I wonder who scoffed the other half. MDR tonight. Sail away may be a bit damp, looking at the Sky. We walked back from Palma to the ship. It doesn't look far. 65 blooming minutes. Not far..!🤣

Ah! been to Palma several hundred times. No1 bus does the job just fine

• Like 1

We detoured to get closer to the French coast so that a helicopter could airlift a passenger off the ship. We were all asked to stay off the port side balconies but no one took any notice. It took them at least 2 tries to get the passenger off - no idea how they are or what was wrong with them.

• Like 2

So the cruise so far - entertainment has been good - Neil Lockwood was well worth seeing - my brother went back for the later showing as well. We also enjoyed the Flyrights and “Paloma” who was really funny. We went to the Limelight Club to see 4 poofs and a piano and very much regretted it (in fact we immediately cancelled our tickets for Eric and Erm. ) The meal was Ok but seemed to take forever and the entertainment was brief (in retrospect I was quite glad because we all felt that the group were maybe a little niche and were cringing watching it. ) We did the Epicurean last night which was quite a nice meal although not that special. 
Generally MDR food has been quite good. The Epicurean for breakfast is lovely and I love room service - their sharing platters are incredible - they arrive in a black box which you open to find red containers inside full of really nice food. The comedians in the live lounge have been really good. I love the app which makes getting a slot for dinner and the theatre really easy. We haven’t queued yet (although I can see that if you were having problems with the app it would be disastrous)  The internet is good - I have managed to do a zoom meeting and used FaceTime for calls without any problems. 
We did an excursion to Santiago de compostela which was excellent, but the shuttle service back to the ship in Palma, Mallorca was awful - massive queues and no one knew where the queue started even - chaotic. The old school disco on the top deck was great but very few people attended.

Great mix of passengers on the ship, from children to 70/80 year olds. Apparently there are 3300 passengers but P and O seem to be coping well. I was very dubious about booking a cruise on Britannia because I had heard bad reports but it has been excellent so far.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

Thanks for all the useful feedback. We're on the Transatlantic crossing on 21 October. P&O require an observed LFT to be undertaken, and negative test certificate to be issued, to allow us to board. We've booked ours for the Wednesday evening prior. Sad to hear that Sindhu is closed - one of the best meals on the ship, usually. We'll be avoiding the Limelight Club (thanks), but we plan on using the Epicurean, The Glass House, and The Beach House, if they are open. Expecting about 3000+ pax on board, so pleased to hear that P&O coped with that number on your cruise. Will try to post some of our own feedback once we get on board.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, walkingdude said:

Thanks for all the useful feedback. We're on the Transatlantic crossing on 21 October. P&O require an observed LFT to be undertaken, and negative test certificate to be issued, to allow us to board. We've booked ours for the Wednesday evening prior. Sad to hear that Sindhu is closed - one of the best meals on the ship, usually. We'll be avoiding the Limelight Club (thanks), but we plan on using the Epicurean, The Glass House, and The Beach House, if they are open. Expecting about 3000+ pax on board, so pleased to hear that P&O coped with that number on your cruise. Will try to post some of our own feedback once we get on board.

Will be interested in your feedback dude - bon voyage.

2 hours ago, db51 said:

So the cruise so far - entertainment has been good - Neil Lockwood was well worth seeing - my brother went back for the later showing as well. We also enjoyed the Flyrights and “Paloma” who was really funny. We went to the Limelight Club to see 4 poofs and a piano and very much regretted it (in fact we immediately cancelled our tickets for Eric and Erm. ) The meal was Ok but seemed to take forever and the entertainment was brief (in retrospect I was quite glad because we all felt that the group were maybe a little niche and were cringing watching it. ) We did the Epicurean last night which was quite a nice meal although not that special. 
Generally MDR food has been quite good. The Epicurean for breakfast is lovely and I love room service - their sharing platters are incredible - they arrive in a black box which you open to find red containers inside full of really nice food. The comedians in the live lounge have been really good. I love the app which makes getting a slot for dinner and the theatre really easy. We haven’t queued yet (although I can see that if you were having problems with the app it would be disastrous)  The internet is good - I have managed to do a zoom meeting and used FaceTime for calls without any problems. 
We did an excursion to Santiago de compostela which was excellent, but the shuttle service back to the ship in Palma, Mallorca was awful - massive queues and no one knew where the queue started even - chaotic. The old school disco on the top deck was great but very few people attended.

Great mix of passengers on the ship, from children to 70/80 year olds. Apparently there are 3300 passengers but P and O seem to be coping well. I was very dubious about booking a cruise on Britannia because I had heard bad reports but it has been excellent so far.

Yes, overall quite good. Entertainment is good. We have tried Glass house, beach house, MDR and the trough. All quite acceptable. Service can be a bit off at times, but hey!. We are on a cruise.😉

• Like 6

It was dull but warm this morning. The sun is out now and is quite hot. La Spezia was quiet and mainly closed. The lady doing the music quiz today is not so loud as the blokes, a nice change. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, emam said:

16653206315545123852382211747096.jpg

Did a boat trip to Porto Venere. 15 Euro return. Just what we needed after all these sea days. a boat trip. Very enjoyable

Pizza for lunch. No photo. but our seagull friend from St Ives had done a Brian. Winter holiday in Italy.

20221009_121003.jpg

• Like 5