Live report- Britannia 223

db51

Well we have arrived in Barcelona. Penultimate port. No mask mandate yet. So far just a normal cruise, folk enjoying themselves, decent entertainment, decent food. Nothing unusual to report really. Oh ,met emam, so a bit special.  Met Graham and Pauline last cruise.👏👌🤞

• Like 7

Feel like mask mandate is overdue, lady on Facebook reported having Covid, heard other reports of confinement to cabins and we saw a medical lady all masked and gowned entering next door cabin this morning. Coughing is everywhere - it is very noticeable. I do think that P and O seem to be more casual than Princess; we travelled on Sky Princess a couple of months ago and you were not allowed to serve yourself in the buffet, on Britannia it is universal tongs and people do not always wash their hands before entering the buffet. On a positive note my brother and his girlfriend got engaged on the cruise yesterday ; he got on one knee on the balcony -yay I’m so excited.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, happy v said:

We are on cruise having a fabulous time. Entertainment is very good

Haven't heard any coughing. Everyone seems fit and we'll.

We have heard a fair bit of coughing , but not too bothered.  Having a local Spanish lunch.

20221011_125149.jpg

• Like 5

We had a walk around Cadiz and finally managed to find the little shoe shop we visited before. So we now have to find room for two pairs of Flamenco shoes in our cases. I do hope they fit our granddaughters when we get home.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, emam said:

We had a walk around Cadiz and finally managed to find the little shoe shop we visited before. So we now have to find room for two pairs of Flamenco shoes in our cases. I do hope they fit our granddaughters when we get home.

If not, you have a good excuse to visit Cadiz again. After tapas and Sangria in Saville, I think a kip on the sunbed may be on the cards. Next stop Southampton. We enjoyed this cruise.  Pretty much back to normal and a pleasure to meet you.

Edited by zap99
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Next stop Southampton. We enjoyed this cruise.  Pretty much back to normal and a pleasure to meet you.

Same here. I'm sure I will see you over the next couple of days.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If we have nipped to the buffet and used a tray to take back to cabin afternoon tea I would always return said tray to waiters at the service stations with a polite thankyou.I would never leave in the corridor for someone to trip over .

1 hour ago, Bin man said:

If we have nipped to the buffet and used a tray to take back to cabin afternoon tea I would always return said tray to waiters at the service stations with a polite thankyou.I would never leave in the corridor for someone to trip over .

Depends on the ship Iona has a recessed area outside our cabin door, so only someone snooping in our mail box would trip over it.

Yes but when you see trays left most of the day looks so untidy especially when food hasn't been consumed .Would rather do my bit and keep the ship tidy as the staff have enough to do as  it is .Every little helps 

5 minutes ago, Bin man said:

Yes but when you see trays left most of the day looks so untidy especially when food hasn't been consumed .Would rather do my bit and keep the ship tidy as the staff have enough to do as  it is .Every little helps 

Sorry Bin man, I didn't realise you were on a retainer from P&O while you were cruising.😁

1 hour ago, terrierjohn said:

There is often a tray outside our cabin, but we dont have covid and we have not had room service, but being on deck 15 it's easy to visit deck 16 and use a tray to bring back a spot of lunch, and there are plenty others doing the same.

1 hour ago, Bin man said:

37 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Depends on the ship Iona has a recessed area outside our cabin door, so only someone snooping in our mail box would trip over it.

12 minutes ago, Bin man said:

6 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Sorry Bin man, I didn't realise you were on a retainer from P&O while you were cruising.😁

3 minutes ago, Bin man said:

Yes I wish, but maybe it was the way I was brought up to keep things tidy ,maybe that's how I ended up being a binman! 

Regardless of whether or not leaving a tray outside your cabin creates a trip hazard or indeed, an obstruction for wheelchair users, in my opinion it is not the done thing to create extra work for the room service/cabin staff in having to remove your leavings, especially when you are only one deck below Horizon. 

I'm not nor have ever been a refuse collector, but I agree with the lad from Scunny on this one.  

• Like 1