Phil Coulter Tranquility Cruise

TommyC

Hello - I've just learned that this group will be on our upcoming cruise. I've looked on the internet and can't find too much info. I've also searched the boards as well. So, can anyone tell me about this group? I'm interested in how many participants I can expect? Will they 'takeover' the ship? Will any venues be closed off? Any other impacts?  Thank-you.

20 minutes ago, TommyC said:

Hello - I've just learned that this group will be on our upcoming cruise. I've looked on the internet and can't find too much info. I've also searched the boards as well. So, can anyone tell me about this group? I'm interested in how many participants I can expect? Will they 'takeover' the ship? Will any venues be closed off? Any other impacts?  Thank-you.

I assume this is on Rotterdam Jan 14 2023? We will be on the ship as well. 

Phil Coulter is an Irish singer, performer, song writer. He will have about 5 or 6 other artists as well. There will be certain areas closed off at times and there will be events and performances if you are part of that group. Google it to read the poster.

We did not sign up. 

Edited by Seasick Sailor
Removed link

I found this:  Phil Coulter 25th Tranquility Cruise - Travel Concept

The travel agency that's booking this tour has this on the booking form:

In order to attend Tranquility Cruise performances/events, all bookings MUST be made directly through Travel Concepts.

There will be no exceptions.

Thank you for your understanding.

On 10/2/2022 at 2:25 PM, Steirisch said:

I found this:  Phil Coulter 25th Tranquility Cruise - Travel Concept

The travel agency that's booking this tour has this on the booking form:

In order to attend Tranquility Cruise performances/events, all bookings MUST be made directly through Travel Concepts.

There will be no exceptions.

Thank you for your understanding.

Phil Voulter is one of my favorite performers.  You will not go wrong with booking ro go with Phil

• Like 1

It gave me some comfort knowing it's billed as a "Tranquility Cruise" rather than the "Headbanger Cruise" or the "How Much Can You Drink Between 11AM and 11PM Cruise."  The only song I'm familiar with of Phil Coulter's is "Walking In The Air" which we have on CD and always play at Christmas - yes, it is very tranquil.  

We've been on cruises where there were groups involved (not with any of the above,  thank goodness!) , and have found they often take over the main stage during the daytime hours for their concerts, and will sometimes have large groups dining at the same time in the main dining room.  We're on from January 5th, so if this group is at all intrusive, we'll just retreat to our balcony and enjoy the world from there.  I'm pretty sure we'll all be okay.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I have been onboard with this group before (we were not part of the group) and I can tell you that they 1. will have shows in the main theater during the day, 2. some shows on the Lido deck in the evenings (it will be roped off and you can still walk through the area or sit way off to the side) and 3. expect them to take over the Crow's Nest ALMOST EVERY NIGHT (either as a private party or just hanging out), and 4. private events like "meet and greet" during the cruise.

FYI - Once DH and I walked into one of their main theater shows by accident (no sign by the door that it was a private event, we just heard music), sat in the last row way up in the balcony and a few minutes later, 2 of their organizers demanded we leave immediately.

Being their first cruise post-covid, it's hard to know group size but it was about 100 or so. If you're Irish and like Phil Coulter's music, it's worth looking into this group - oh, and only the name is Tranquil...it's a rowdy Irish group. 😀

• Haha 4

I’ve done this cruise formany years. About 150 people involved. We use the main stage usually before dinner at about 5 so it doesn’t interrupt anyone else. Then the Crows Nest or Lido pool area at 10pm for what I refer to as our “Pub Night”…other times we may be in the Hudson Room for something, etc.  I  doubt anyone will be impacted.  This is the first time on a Pinnacle Class ship so venues might be different. If you can overhear us, it’s great music! 25th anniversary of  this cruise on HAL.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1