Anyone want to take a guess of when HAL will release more itineraries for Fall 2023 into Winter 2024/

LAFFNVEGAS

We spoke with HAL in Wasgington  yesterday & was told that 18 mmonths to new itineraries . We are most focused here in  the San diego cruise port because we can Uber to the port  .  .We wanted to know what HAL plans are for Koningsdam  from San Diego after Feb 2024   ,This is when the representative said that  it is up to  18 month for new roll outs for itineraries .

I would not jump to conclusions about Carnival corporation  to meet their debt service payments But I would encourage people to add  to their insurance vendor default or  bankruptcy  for the cruise line  . 

On 10/3/2022 at 12:26 PM, Mary229 said:

I am hoping 2024 for start up but 2025 is more likely.  China did announce they would continue lockdowns until 2027 so that places a marker.  Lots of vaccine drama going on in communist Asia including their allies and satellites. 

Does  a lockdown in China mean that there will be no cruise ship in its ports?  It would seem that way, yet, I thought that a couple of weeks ago China announced that it was considering the resumption of opening its ports.  Japan has announced that it will be doing so around mid-October, if I remember correctly.  

2 minutes ago, Tampa Girl said:

Does  a lockdown in China mean that there will be no cruise ship in its ports?  It would seem that way, yet, I thought that a couple of weeks ago China announced that it was considering the resumption of opening its ports.  Japan has announced that it will be doing so around mid-October, if I remember correctly.  

There are current lockdowns in China.  I don’t think foreign tourists would be welcome at this time.  I personally don’t want to visit a country that would potentially lockdown during my visit.  As to the cruise lines they would be risking transmission of Covid to the passengers and likely couldn’t get the necessary ground support needed to host a visit.  

China is trying to get the Moderna proprietary information for free which is not forthcoming and they have committed to a policy of only administering vaccines of their own manufacture.  Their current in house vaccine has proven ineffective.  

16 hours ago, Mary229 said:

There are current lockdowns in China.  I don’t think foreign tourists would be welcome at this time.  I personally don’t want to visit a country that would potentially lockdown during my visit.  As to the cruise lines they would be risking transmission of Covid to the passengers and likely couldn’t get the necessary ground support needed to host a visit.  

China is trying to get the Moderna proprietary information for free which is not forthcoming and they have committed to a policy of only administering vaccines of their own manufacture.  Their current in house vaccine has proven ineffective.  

Interesting.  Thank you for the explanation.  That answers my questions - and concerns.  Cutting China out of Asian and the '24 WC raised the question of what area(s) will be substituted.  The WC has several days and two o/n's devoted to China.  Thailand would be a possibility.

5 minutes ago, Tampa Girl said:

Interesting.  Thank you for the explanation.  That answers my questions - and concerns.  Cutting China out of Asian and the '24 WC raised the question of what area(s) will be substituted.  The WC has several days and two o/n's devoted to China.  Thailand would be a possibility.

Yes, I do believe Thailand and Cambodia are open.   The only recent lockdowns I noticed were Singapore, Malaysia and China.  But do check the media as it is not something I check all that frequently 

Edited by Mary229

@Tampa Girl  this just came into my inbox, very timely regarding your question.  The first two or three paragraphs after the intro concern Hong Kong tourism. 

https://thedailyupside.cmail20.com/t/ViewEmail/t/626E469EFA3377B62540EF23F30FEDED/78B116363FD60AD0DDA3541AF197FE1F?alternativeLink=False

Edited by Mary229

23 hours ago, mcrcruiser said:

We spoke with HAL in Wasgington  yesterday & was told that 18 mmonths to new itineraries . We are most focused here in  the San diego cruise port because we can Uber to the port  .  .We wanted to know what HAL plans are for Koningsdam  from San Diego after Feb 2024   ,This is when the representative said that  it is up to  18 month for new roll outs for itineraries .

I would not jump to conclusions about Carnival corporation  to meet their debt service payments But I would encourage people to add  to their insurance vendor default or  bankruptcy  for the cruise line  . 

That does not make any sense if they are saying no new roll out for 18 months, since right now all that is available is Alaska and Europe end of season which is 12 months from right now. There are very few cruises with HAL for Late October, November and December 2023. I honestly have never seen them release sailings this late. I really want to know what the sailings will be for the West Coast for late 2023 before I pull the trigger on a Caribbean cruise. I already have a cruise out of Miami with NCL in February, really don't want another cross country flight for fall.

• Like 2

I went to a promotional “Cruise Show” in the San Diego area yesterday,  Viking, RCI, Celebrity and Princess were there .  Holland America was represented by a video promoting Alaska 2023 and a display and table set up by the Princess rep. promoting only Alaska.  No other brochures.  Other cruise lines had the equivalent of a Cruise Atlas.  No one was there from Holland America to ask about the Fall 2023 offerings.

Holland America is the only cruise line that sails out of San Diego.  The others sail out of LA.

I’m not concerned about Fall 2023 since there is a charter out of San Diego in November so I think they will eventually fill in the gaps for the Koningsdam.  I am more worried about the future.  What is the vision going forward for HAL!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, oaktreerb said:

I went to a promotional “Cruise Show” in the San Diego area yesterday,  Viking, RCI, Celebrity and Princess were there .  Holland America was represented by a video promoting Alaska 2023 and a display and table set up by the Princess rep. promoting only Alaska.  No other brochures.  Other cruise lines had the equivalent of a Cruise Atlas.  No one was there from Holland America to ask about the Fall 2023 offerings.

Holland America is the only cruise line that sails out of San Diego.  The others sail out of LA.

I’m not concerned about Fall 2023 since there is a charter out of San Diego in November so I think they will eventually fill in the gaps for the Koningsdam.  I am more worried about the future.  What is the vision going forward for HAL!

That's concerning to me.

1 hour ago, oaktreerb said:

HAL announced that they are planning on going into Alaska in an even bigger way for 2023.  This may be the hold up.   Obviously they are quite pleased with the past and future demand.

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/28449-holland-america-line-growing-interest-for-alaska-in-2023.html

23 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

HAL announced that they are planning on going into Alaska in an even bigger way for 2023.  This may be the hold up.   Obviously they are quite pleased with the past and future demand.

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/28449-holland-america-line-growing-interest-for-alaska-in-2023.html

I’d love to see the Rotterdam do Alaska.  Alaska isn’t my favorite because I get enough of cold weather at home (where I live, not in my house 🙄) but I could be tempted by the Rotterdam.  

2 minutes ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

I’d love to see the Rotterdam do Alaska.  Alaska isn’t my favorite because I get enough of cold weather at home (where I live, not in my house 🙄) but I could be tempted by the Rotterdam.  

The Koningsdam did Alaska this year. I haven’t been on the Rotterdam yet.

2 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

The Koningsdam did Alaska this year. I haven’t been on the Rotterdam yet.

Yes, I understand that.  I’m more interested in trying a new ship even if it’s the same class.  The nieuw statendam corrected some of the missteps on the koningsdam and I love the nieuw statendam. I really adore that class or ships.  I have zero interest in the oldies like the zaandam.  I wish they’d save the oldies for the exotic trips.  I really don’t have any desire to fly to Florida at this point to try the Rotterdam.

1 minute ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

Yes, I understand that.  I’m more interested in trying a new ship even if it’s the same class.  The nieuw statendam corrected some of the missteps on the koningsdam and I love the nieuw statendam. I really adore that class or ships.  I have zero interest in the oldies like the zaandam.  I wish they’d save the oldies for the exotic trips.  I really don’t have any desire to fly to Florida at this point to try the Rotterdam.

The NS was definitely  step up from the Koningsdam.  I sailed the Koningsdam in 2019 and was meh.  The NS definitely cured many of the issues.  

37 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

The brochure I picked up covered 2022 and 2023.  As far as itineraries go, nothing new for 2023.  Same brochure, same itineraries for both years.  HAL may add some EXC type experiences but the cruise itineraries do not set them apart from the competition.  I hope for better offerings for 2024 like repeated 14 day round trip itineraries.  HAL is very focused on the cruise tours which are the best in Alaska (including the Yukon) but even these have become less inclusive through the years.

I’m hoping for some innovation in 2024.  The 2023 itineraries are published and for sale.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mary229 said:

The NS was definitely  step up from the Koningsdam.  I sailed the Koningsdam in 2019 and was meh.  The NS definitely cured many of the issues.  

I really like the Koningsdam.  It’s the newest ship we’ve been lucky enough to get on the West Coast.  What’s better about the Nieuw Statendam (other than it’s newer).

3 minutes ago, oaktreerb said:

I really like the Koningsdam.  It’s the newest ship we’ve been lucky enough to get on the West Coast.  What’s better about the Nieuw Statendam (other than it’s newer).

It just seems to have a better flow.