Bailey's Not Included?

JamieLogical

Here's an NCL sailing to Alaska next week in a balcony with Free at Sea perks.  This fare is for 2 on one of their newer ships...the Bliss.  I'm actually half tempted...

Total
$2,239.68 
STATEROOM
2 Guests
  • Balcony 
    $2,164 
    40% OFF All Cruises
    $1,298.40
FREE AT SEA
  • Open Bar
    Selected
  • Specialty Dining
    Selected
  • Shore Excursions
    Included
  • WiFi
    Included
+MORE OFFERS
  • 40% OFF All Cruises
    Included
  • Subtotal 
    $1,298.40 
  • Gov. Taxes, Fees and Port Expenses 
    $628.48 
  • Open Bar Gratuities 
    $277.20 
  • Specialty Dining Gratuities 
    $35.60 
Total Due
$2,239.68 

This is before I add in the Latitudes perks, the AMEX OBC, any OBC my TA throws in.  

For a solo it's $1,444.44...that's a great deal for this ship and itinerary.

Edited by graphicguy

1 minute ago, graphicguy said:

Here's an NCL sailing to Alaska next week in a balcony with Free at Sea perks.  This fare is for 2 on one of their newer ships...the Bliss.  I'm actually half tempted...

Total
$2,239.68 
STATEROOM
2 Guests
  • Balcony 
    $2,164 
    40% OFF All Cruises
    $1,298.40
FREE AT SEA
  • Open Bar
    Selected
  • Specialty Dining
    Selected
  • Shore Excursions
    Included
  • WiFi
    Included
+MORE OFFERS
  • 40% OFF All Cruises
    Included
  • Subtotal 
    $1,298.40 
    $628.48 
  • Open Bar Gratuities 
    $277.20 
    $35.60 
Total Due
$2,239.68 

Alaska in October is even worse than Canada & NE in October (for which I am already planning to just stay on the ship BTW.) There are always last-minute deals to be had on every line. Still wouldn't want to pay $1400+ to stay on the ship for a week. Not when I can pay under $1000 to stay on the ship for a week in Canada & New England instead. 😋

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Total
$2,239.68 
STATEROOM
2 Guests
  • Balcony 
    $2,164 
    40% OFF All Cruises
    $1,298.40
FREE AT SEA
  • Open Bar
    Selected
  • Specialty Dining
    Selected
  • Shore Excursions
    Included
  • WiFi
    Included
+MORE OFFERS
  • 40% OFF All Cruises
    Included
  • Subtotal 
    $1,298.40 
    $628.48 
  • Open Bar Gratuities 
    $277.20 
    $35.60 
Total Due
$2,239.68 

This is before I add in the Latitudes perks, the AMEX OBC, any OBC my TA throws in.  

There's certainly some good deals out there on last minute itineraries especially those which are not very desirable. Yes, Alaska is nice but...not in mid-October.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JamieLogical said:

Alaska in October is even worse than Canada & NE in October (for which I am already planning to just stay on the ship BTW.) There are always last-minute deals to be had on every line. Still wouldn't want to pay $1400+ to stay on the ship for a week. Not when I can pay under $1000 to stay on the ship for a week in Canada & New England instead. 😋

LOL! We posted the same thing at the same time.

1 minute ago, JamieLogical said:

Encore has a similar deal.

I sailed on the Encore last year at this time.  Weather was cool (40ºs-60ºs) but it was sunny.  I enjoyed it.  Certainly, it can change, but if you choose the Encore, the Observation Lounge is a great place to hang.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

Our deal on the Breakaway the end of this month is exceptional, regardless of itinerary.

10 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

Alaska in October is even worse than Canada & NE in October

9 minutes ago, DaCruiseBug said:

Yes, Alaska is nice but...not in mid-October.

Alaska is great whenever the ship sails.  We were on the Encore to AK last October.  It was snowing in Glacier bay.  I had a FANTASTIC time! I live where it is warm and sunny about 95% of the time.  I love a bit of real weather.😎

• Like 3

Again, looking for deals...MSC Meriviglia...11/06 sailing.  It's been 4 years or so, but I sailed her before.  Beautiful ship.  This is a 7 day Western Caribbean itinerary.  The deal here is the Yacht Club Fares ~$2,900 all in.  Not the greatest of itineraries and probably the least favorite for Caribbean sailings.  But, that's a heckuva deal for the Yacht Club.

Again, if you shop, be it with NCL, MSC, Celebrity, Princess, a little looking around and you'll find total out of pocket deals (not just liquor package differences).

2 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Alaska is great whenever the ship sails.  We were on the Encore to AK last October.  It was snowing in Glacier bay.  I had a FANTASTIC time! I live where it is warm and sunny about 95% of the time.  I love a bit of real weather.😎

Agree.  I'm actually checking on flights right now to see if I can maybe, perhaps, kinda book that cruise next week.  Outside shot I'll do it.  But, I've done crazier before.

17 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

I mean if you're looking to go somewhere...it's under $670 for 1 person on a 7 day sailing (balcony cabin) to the Caribbean on the MSC Meraviglia including beverage package and internet package next week.

Untitled.png

Edited by DaCruiseBug
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

But the airfare could kill ya.  Unless of course it's drivable.

We live 20 minutes from 2 cruise ports, only flew to a cruise once (and it was a WDW/cruise vacation). I doubt many move here to cruise, too expensive.

Still working off some Frequent Flyer points from before I retired.  Definitely nice to be able to just pack and go when I feel like it.

Had some surgery done last week, and my Doc doesn’t recommend traveling for another week.  So, as much as I wanted to book that Alaska deal on the Encore or Bliss next week, I will follow his recommendations.  

10 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Still working off some Frequent Flyer points from before I retired.  Definitely nice to be able to just pack and go when I feel like it.

Had some surgery done last week, and my Doc doesn’t recommend traveling for another week.  So, as much as I wanted to book that Alaska deal on the Encore or Bliss next week, I will follow his recommendations.  

I was just poking at a solo cruise in February, but flights are stupidly expensive. I was getting round trip flights to MIA/FLL for under $200 last March. How is it now over $600 for a February flight?!?!

36 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

I was just poking at a solo cruise in February, but flights are stupidly expensive. I was getting round trip flights to MIA/FLL for under $200 last March. How is it now over $600 for a February flight?!?!

Is it presidents week?