Bailey's Not Included?

JamieLogical

8 minutes ago, mjkacmom said:

Is it presidents week?

Oh, yeah it is. Darn!

Edit: I checked flight prices for another cruise a couple week's later and they are still over $500, so not much cheaper.

Edited by JamieLogical

12 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

Oh, yeah it is. Darn!

Edit: I checked flight prices for another cruise a couple week's later and they are still over $500, so not much cheaper.

I think a couple of weeks later starts the spring break season.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

I was just poking at a solo cruise in February, but flights are stupidly expensive. I was getting round trip flights to MIA/FLL for under $200 last March. How is it now over $600 for a February flight?!?!

Airline fares are even worse than cruise fares.  Hard to make rhyme or reason with them.  Weekends are generally cheaper than during the week, when most of the business travelers book (with the exception of Vegas).

They restrict some of my flights when booking with points, too.

That said, in OH where I live, I can be in Orlando, Miami, Ft Lauderdale, NYC, Boston in about 90 minutes to two hours.  I can be in Galveston LA, SanFrancisco, Seattle or VanCouver in 3-4 hours from here.  But, I can plan for it to be 2-3 hours from here to there based on time differences.

For all intents and purposes, if I'm sailing out of North America, I can be at any given port in a few hours, at most.

• Like 1

Am I the only person paying $10/lb for bacon, $15/12 pack for toilet paper. $5.00 lb for ground beef, $5.00/ a gallon of milk, $4.00 a loaf of bread and lets talk about soft drinks now being $8.00/12 pack??

The price of everything has increased. NCL increasing the price of Bailey's $1 to keep MDR food included or where ever they are choosing to increase a little at a time is ok with me. They were out of business for how long? Be reasonable. I know Bailey's doesn't cost anymore per bottle than other drinks they offer on the included package but it may be demand or just the choice they made at which one to increase. It is what it is and won't keep me from drinking it. I would imagine the Beverage Manager made this decision. It is what it is and sometimes we have to accept things we don't like. 🙂

7 minutes ago, KAYKAY121 said:

Am I the only person paying $10/lb for bacon, $15/12 pack for toilet paper. $5.00 lb for ground beef, $5.00/ a gallon of milk, $4.00 a loaf of bread and lets talk about soft drinks now being $8.00/12 pack??

The price of everything has increased. NCL increasing the price of Bailey's $1 to keep MDR food included or where ever they are choosing to increase a little at a time is ok with me. They were out of business for how long? Be reasonable. I know Bailey's doesn't cost anymore per bottle than other drinks they offer on the included package but it may be demand or just the choice they made at which one to increase. It is what it is and won't keep me from drinking it. I would imagine the Beverage Manager made this decision. It is what it is and sometimes we have to accept things we don't like. 🙂

WHOA!!! Bringing us back to the topic at hand! Wow:-) So, I have no clue what I pay for those items. I just put what I need in my cart and move on. If you need it, you need it regardless of the price, right? 

Bailey's...well I think it's annoying a typical, mid-shelf liqueur does cost that much, but the demand must be there. 

20 minutes ago, KAYKAY121 said:

Holy Moly…..things are high where you live.  Was just shopping at Krogers last night.  Just about everything you listed was ½ the price you quoted in these parts.

Bought a lb of hickory smoked bacon for $4.70….$2.69 for a loaf of bread.  30 mega pack of toilet paper (charmin) for $24.  I don’t drink sodas but a case (24) of either Pepsi or Coke (can’t remember which one) was less than $10.

I better stick to where I’m living. 😉

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, KAYKAY121 said:

Cruise fares have increased, gratuities have increased, and the cost of the beverage package has increased to make up for “increased costs”. So now we’re also going to pay more and get less? This is Baileys we’re talking about. NCLs pricing on this item is ridiculous. Stop it with being an NCL apologist. No other cruise line is even close to $16 with Baileys. If you want to donate to the “pity NCL” fund feel free but don’t try to make the rest of us feel bad about a multi-billion dollar corporation that registers their ships in other countries to avoid following all US regulations. This goes for all the other cruise lines that do it as well. Instead of doing billions of dollars in stock buybacks NCL could have saved up a rainy day fund…but they chose not to. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Alaska is great whenever the ship sails.  We were on the Encore to AK last October.  It was snowing in Glacier bay.  I had a FANTASTIC time! I live where it is warm and sunny about 95% of the time.  I love a bit of real weather.😎

I live where it is warm and sunny all the time but still prefer trips that do not sail out of the North East Alaska would be an exception. Are the NY/MA trips cheaper than the Florida trips? 

5 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Holy Moly…..things are high where you live.  Was just shopping at Krogers last night.  Just about everything you listed was ½ the price you quoted in these parts.

Bought a lb of hickory smoked bacon for $4.70….$2.69 for a loaf of bread.  30 mega pack of toilet paper (charmin) for $24.  I don’t drink sodas but a case (24) of either Pepsi or Coke (can’t remember which one) was less than $10.

Yea that is why I saw folks from those areas mainly NY/NJ flooding into FL complaining about taxes and cost of living in the last few years. I think the main reason was nothing was open.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mjkacmom said:

. I doubt many move here to cruise, too expensive.

Too expensive?  What are your real estate taxes? Edit.....earlier in the thread it was mentioned to move to FLA.  I mistakenly assumed you lived in between MIA and FLL, where the taxes can't be more than NJ.  We live in southern NJ, so our taxes are high, but not as high as yours.

Edited by CruizinSusan70
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

Too expensive?  What are your real estate taxes? Edit.....earlier in the thread it was mentioned to move to FLA.  I mistakenly assumed you lived in between MIA and FLL, where the taxes can't be more than NJ.  We live in southern NJ, so our taxes are high, but not as high as yours.

Sales tax is 7% like most of FL. Property tax for most will not be over $3000 on average . The cost of a house in FL has more than doubled in the last couple years in desirable areas so taxes eventually will go up on properties. 

1 hour ago, graphicguy said:

I just checked, ground beef ranges from 4.69 - 5.99, milk is $4.69, Arnold bread is 5.69, a 12 pack of Diet Coke is on sale for $7.99. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, detroitlions said:

I live where it is warm and sunny all the time but still prefer trips that do not sail out of the North East Alaska would be an exception. Are the NY/MA trips cheaper than the Florida trips? 

End of season sailings in both Alaska and NE cruises are good deals right now.  FL trips tend to be more expensive around the holidays, spring break and when school lets out.  Hurricane season, FL cruises tend to be cheaper.

55 minutes ago, DaCruiseBug said:

Cruise fares have increased, gratuities have increased, and the cost of the beverage package has increased to make up for “increased costs”. So now we’re also going to pay more and get less? This is Baileys we’re talking about. NCLs pricing on this item is ridiculous. Stop it with being an NCL apologist. No other cruise line is even close to $16 with Baileys. If you want to donate to the “pity NCL” fund feel free but don’t try to make the rest of us feel bad about a multi-billion dollar corporation that registers their ships in other countries to avoid following all US regulations. This goes for all the other cruise lines that do it as well. Instead of doing billions of dollars in stock buybacks NCL could have saved up a rainy day fund…but they chose not to. 

Yeah, losing roughly 18 months of business shouldn't be hard for the cruise lines to recover from.  I personally don't think NCL is gouging anybody on the drink package or for raising the price for whatever liquor they want to charge for. Most passengers are paying for gratuity only on drink packages. So we can agree to disagree. I want to drink so I am paying for the drink package. Yes, the upgraded one.  You can spin it how you like, it is supply and demand.  If people still want Bailey's, they will pay for it. The value of every package and loyalty program has changed.  NCL will charge whatever they want without our approval. PERIOD!!! . I think the value of an NCL drink package is worth every $$ and I love the ships.  I don't have an issue with a corporation making profit.  I like what NCL has to offer and I am willing to pay for what NCL offers that has value to me. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, detroitlions said:

Sales tax is 7% like most of FL. Property tax for most will not be over $3000 on average . The cost of a house in FL has more than doubled in the last couple years in desirable areas so taxes eventually will go up on properties. 

3000 in real estate taxes will get you to March, April or May depending upon where you live in NJ.

2 minutes ago, KAYKAY121 said:

Yeah, losing roughly 18 months of business shouldn't be hard for the cruise lines to recover from.  I personally don't think NCL is gouging anybody on the drink package or for raising the price for whatever liquor they want to charge for. Most passengers are paying for gratuity only on drink packages. So we can agree to disagree. I want to drink so I am paying for the drink package. Yes, the upgraded one.  You can spin it how you like, it is supply and demand.  If people still want Bailey's, they will pay for it. The value of every package and loyalty program has changed.  NCL will charge whatever they want without our approval. PERIOD!!! . I think the value of an NCL drink package is worth every $$ and I love the ships.  I don't have an issue with a corporation making profit.  I like what NCL has to offer and I am willing to pay for what NCL offers that has value to me. 

As a stock holder, thank you.

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, KAYKAY121 said:

You’re the perfect NCL customer. Ok with anything they do because you have blinders on and an emotional attachment to a corporation. Until one day they’ll take away something you really like and you’ll be the first one in here crying about it.

Someone stop me.....PULEEZE!!!!!!

MSC Meriviglia 7 night Caribbean/Bahamas solo cruise in the Yacht Club Interior Suite with drinks, all in using my (soon to expire) Diamond Voyagers Club status/discount sailing Nov 6......

Complete your booking

Select your payment option and book your cruise! 

Pay total amount

$ 1,705.71

I accept terms and conditions on behalf of and with the consent of all persons named in the booking

I could sail New England on the NCL Breakaway, disembark in NYC, jump on a plane to Orlando and embark on the MSC Meriviglia the same day.  Total out of pocket for both cruises would be less than $2K.

Why am I looking at flights to FL????????

12 minutes ago, PATRLR said:

Goodness I wish people would stop saying this.  It's so unfortunate how many people actually believe this to be true.

It’s like the car buyer that tells everyone they got floor mats for free and leaves out the fact that they paid $5k over msrp on their vehicle. But hey…free floor mats right?

• Like 1

I was rounding and pricing from memory. Thank  you 🙂

I was rounding and pricing from memory. Thank  you 🙂

Lol I’m currently placing my online grocery order so I have our area’s current prices right at my fingertips!

2 minutes ago, DaCruiseBug said:

You’re the perfect NCL customer. Ok with anything they do because you have blinders on and an emotional attachment to a corporation. Until one day they’ll take away something you really like and you’ll be the first one in here crying about it.

Is celebrity paying you for the hours you spend on a NCL board begging folks not to cruise NCL? I would not sail celebrity, it’s not a product that interests me, but to each their own.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, DaCruiseBug said:

Boy...I'm going to hate myself for this, but here goes.

What is it that NCL has taken away from you that causes you to come in here and constantly cry?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3