Headline reads: NCL Fully Drops Covid Testing, VAx rules

11 minutes ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

I get concerned when I can't triangulate the headlines. This article was just published in the financial street a few minutes ago: 

image.png.818e19e361946b481e1bdae271c19bee.png

https://www.thestreet.com/investing/norwegian-cruise-lines-fully-drops-covid-testing-vax-rules

It was also in USATODAY today also. There are still a few cruise destination where you have to prove vaccination and testing. 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BirdTravels said:

It was also in USATODAY today also. The media is catching up to the NCL covid changes previously announced. Nothing new here. There are still a few cruise destination where you have to prove vaccination and testing. 

Are you sure there is nothing new? I thought that unvaccinated still needed to test on NCL??. According to these articles, NO testing is required unless required by the destination. They even mention that RCL and CCL still have some testing in place. 

image.png.519756f0c848c72b16c3cfe81551888f.png

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

Are you sure there is nothing new? I thought that unvaccinated still needed to test on NCL??. According to these articles, NO testing is required unless required by the destination. They even mention that RCL and CCL still have some testing in place. 

image.png.519756f0c848c72b16c3cfe81551888f.png

O.K. maybe it is new. Sorry about that. It was on multiple news sources today. All I know is that I still need to test for my cruise to Bermuda 😞

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

It was also in USATODAY today also. There are still a few cruise destination where you have to prove vaccination and testing. 

Australia and NZ require vaccs, masks and pre testing and on board testing. Cruise lines who wish to operate here have to comply with our government protocols.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Australia and NZ require vaccs, masks and pre testing and on board testing. Cruise lines who wish to operate here have to comply with our government protocols.

In recent weeks there has been a relaxation in a number of protocols for public transport and isolation for example. Who knows what will change before Spirit gets here?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, NSWP said:

yep- there are 195 countries yet only 13 on the list provided by NcL as having some protocols remaining. Of those, 2 (Bermuda and Canada) will likely be removed. Of the remaining 11 countries with protocols only TWO limit entry based on vaccine status and most only require  an antigen test for the unvaccinated. The world is opening up!!!

• Like 1

It is getting easier to traveling - less obstacles.  When I booked our cruise (Spain/Portugal/Italy) that we are going on in less than 2 weeks, I worried about the logistics of testing prior (timing) for COVID and before flying home - and possibly randomly testing positive on the cruise.  Each of those anxieties have gone by the wayside.   Still will use caution, masking on planes, possibly on tours/tour buses etc.  
Follow regs of countries - but the big fears are gone.  Now just the standard worries of catching planes, making connections, luggage arriving with us - etc.