What small ships are coming to Australia in 2023?

What small ships are coming to Australia in 2023?

I came across Azamara's two small ships, which are passing by on short visits, by accident.  I have done one cruise on Azamara and loved it. 

Any other small ships?  Viking?  

Regent is bringing the Seven Seas Explorer over for it's first Asia-pacific season in December. Evidently it's a real foodie experience, including expert chefs and a teaching kitchen.

Viking is advertising various itineraries involving Australia and New Zealand.

Coral Expeditions have multiple small ship cruises happening now and

Ponant have Le Laperouse and Le Soleal (which we are booked on next June - so excited!) both operating between Broome and Darwin, via the Kimberley.

There are probably lots more but those are the ones I have seen featured recently.

Viking has a couple down early 2023

Oceania also has one or could be two down the R class.

Then a couple of super expensive like Regent and Silverseas.

I would also probably now include HAL and Cunard in the small ships, with the new mega ships sailing now..any ship under 1,500 could be classed as a small ship 🤷‍♀️

According to my schedule for the season, we have three Viking ships, Neptune (1)  Orion ( 4) and  Mars  (4) Regent Seven Seas Explorer (2 )  Oceania Regatta (4)  and Azamara Quest(1).   Number of visits in brackets. There would be others but these are the ships we do.Star Breeze,  Seabourn Odyssey, Silver Muse Silver Shadow, Silver Whisper are also down to call here.

12 hours ago, Kangakid said:

Viking has a couple down early 2023

Oceania also has one or could be two down the R class.

Then a couple of super expensive like Regent and Silverseas.

I would also probably now include HAL and Cunard in the small ships, with the new mega ships sailing now..any ship under 1,500 could be classed as a small ship 🤷‍♀️

Maybe they could be classified as medium ships, because they are not really small.  Perfect size for Australian smaller ports though.  

10 hours ago, gbenjo said:

According to my schedule for the season, we have three Viking ships, Neptune (1)  Orion ( 4) and  Mars  (4) Regent Seven Seas Explorer (2 )  Oceania Regatta (4)  and Azamara Quest(1).   Number of visits in brackets. There would be others but these are the ships we do.Star Breeze,  Seabourn Odyssey, Silver Muse Silver Shadow, Silver Whisper are also down to call here.

Good to see there are a selection of small ships.  I used to enjoy walking past them when they docked at Bangaroo and wonder about their story.  

On 10/4/2022 at 9:49 PM, LincolnLegend said:

Regent is bringing the Seven Seas Explorer over for it's first Asia-pacific season in December. Evidently it's a real foodie experience, including expert chefs and a teaching kitchen.

Viking is advertising various itineraries involving Australia and New Zealand.

Coral Expeditions have multiple small ship cruises happening now and

Ponant have Le Laperouse and Le Soleal (which we are booked on next June - so excited!) both operating between Broome and Darwin, via the Kimberley.

There are probably lots more but those are the ones I have seen featured recently.

I enjoyed a cruise with Coral Expeditions's newest ship from Cairns to Darwin this year.  Broome to Darwin and the Kimberleys are well covered by small ships

Has anyone cruised on a small ship recently?