Reviewing Shore Excursions

Jamietravelstheworld

I am coming up on the date to be able to book shore excursions for a 50+ day cruise. Does anyone know of a way to download a PDF of all the excursions for an Oceania cruise? On long cruises I so much prefer to be able to print them out and read them and highlight the descriptions, rather than having to go through them online. I've asked my travel agent and she hasn't been able to find this either. Other cruise lines have this and this is my first Oceania cruise so I'm wondering if there's a way to do so. Thanks.

17 minutes ago, Jamietravelstheworld said:

I am coming up on the date to be able to book shore excursions for a 50+ day cruise. Does anyone know of a way to download a PDF of all the excursions for an Oceania cruise? On long cruises I so much prefer to be able to print them out and read them and highlight the descriptions, rather than having to go through them online. I've asked my travel agent and she hasn't been able to find this either. Other cruise lines have this and this is my first Oceania cruise so I'm wondering if there's a way to do so. Thanks.

We just contact O (preferably a particular phone rep whose extension/email we have) and request the most current version of your cruise’s “shore excursions” PDF be emailed to you.

That said, recognize that the document changes with time. It can be just the boilerplate first page info when you are more than 6 months pre-cruise. But, then, tours will be altered, changed, even eliminated, as time goes by. Nonetheless, I agree that it is a far better way to examine the possibilities than is the day-by-day navigation on the O website.

Also, as regards O tours, know that what is found via the O web, PDF, and a phone call to O doesn’t always “jive.” For example, the newest info may appear first in anyone of those three resources. But, I have found the most accurate info to be the trusted O rep who sees in front of him/her what the O booking system will allow (particularly if you want to do a daytime and evening tour anywhere on the same day (I.e. can’t be done on the web) and how best to “arrange” the booking to get the lowest out-of-pocket cost. Note as well that, if you wan to cancel prepaid O tours prior to embark, you need to call O to do it and your O phone contact can “bird dog” that refund process for you. Also, when you book tours direct with the O rep (you don’t need to go through your TA for tours), s/he can send you the “pre-purchased” shore excursions PDF that shows all the math that “bottom lines” your mix of O Life, YWYW, etc tours - a very important doc to have once aboard should you want to verify itinerary changes’ tour modifications done by Destination Services.

Some folks here will suggest that you let your TA handle it. However, even the most “O savvy” TA doesn’t necessarily understand the idiosyncrasies of O’s tour policies and practices. And once you are on the ship (not unlike once you are in an airport) DIY spares the added work of trying to connect with a TA.

So, want O ship tours?
Get/use the latest shore excursions PDF directly from O.

Discuss best pricing strategy with O rep.

Purchase/modify/cancel O tours from that O rep

Get a copy of the “Pre-purchased shore excursions” PDF from that rep. (Note: Before purchasing, confirm that PDF will be sent to you. If a new rep says “not possible,” that’s not true. So, ask/call back for a different rep.

(FWIW, we choose the O Life tours option which has the capacity to double the perk value while also getting the YWYW discount on paid tours AND we mix them with private tours we relish for their uniqueness).

Just  call Oceania  & ask for it

If your cruise is made up of other segments they may have to get the PDF  for the segments

Are your Excursions listed online now?

Not sure  why you have to wait to book if so