Solo Suite Points

Just got of Mariner on Monday, was in a suite as a solo traveler. Are the loyalty points supposed to be triple in this case? My past cruises only has me as double points for this one.

This trip was supposed to leave on Sept 29th, but due to hurricane Ian, we ended up sailing on Oct 1st. However RC did state we would all be getting the normal amount of points as if the trip was still a 4 night instead of 2 night.

Just curious if I need to call and have them correct my account.

1 hour ago, lumpyspaceprincess said:

Just got of Mariner on Monday, was in a suite as a solo traveler. Are the loyalty points supposed to be triple in this case? My past cruises only has me as double points for this one.

This trip was supposed to leave on Sept 29th, but due to hurricane Ian, we ended up sailing on Oct 1st. However RC did state we would all be getting the normal amount of points as if the trip was still a 4 night instead of 2 night.

Just curious if I need to call and have them correct my account.

Depends on when and how you booked the cruise (solo or double with a no show). If you were booked as a solo prior to the cut off date for the double points promo, then it would be 6 points per night (24 total). If you booked after the cut off date, it would be 3 points per night (12 total). When Dorian hit, we were on a B2B on Harmony in a JS, and our first leg ended up being 11 nights, and our second leg ended up being three. We received 22 points for the first leg (all 11 nights were counted) and 14 for the second leg (they counted it as a 7 night cruise even though it was only three days.)

Edited by orville99

1 hour ago, Another_Critic said:

Were you booked as solo or did you book as double with a no show?

Solo = 1 regular + 1 solo + 1 suite = 3/night

Double w/ no show = 1 regular + 1 suite = 2/night

I had a no show in June and got the solo bonus

6 minutes ago, siren said:

So if my husband and I book separate rooms do we both get the solo points.  Or since we are the same account only one of us gets the points??

You each get the points for your own account but if you are linked you will only see the points of the person with the higher total.

On 10/4/2022 at 3:30 PM, orville99 said:

Depends on when and how you booked the cruise (solo or double with a no show). If you were booked as a solo prior to the cut off date for the double points promo, then it would be 6 points per night (24 total). If you booked after the cut off date, it would be 3 points per night (12 total). When Dorian hit, we were on a B2B on Harmony in a JS, and our first leg ended up being 11 nights, and our second leg ended up being three. We received 22 points for the first leg (all 11 nights were counted) and 14 for the second leg (they counted it as a 7 night cruise even though it was only three days.)

I booked in the first week of August as a solo. Didn't know they did points promos, when did that end?

thanks everyone 🙂