Hot Tea in World Fresh Marketplace

Esjung1

Does anyone know if hot water and tea bags are available in the buffet/World fresh marketplace now?  Last year on the Majestic I purchased the coffee package just so I can get tea on demand.  Now that self service restrictions in the buffet area are being loosened I'm wondering if it's available now.  Any insight from recent cruisers would be appreciated, I'll be on the Enchanted in a few weeks!

Thank you! 

8 hours ago, wowzz said:

That is the problem - the water may be hot enough for herbal infusions etc, but not for "proper" tea !

That I know nothing about, LOL   I am NOT a connoisseur of tea.  I plop a Lipton Tea Bag in, bounce it up and down a few times, add a packet of Splenda and I'm good!  If I'm feeling fancy, I will grab the Earl Gray Black Tea, LOL

Edited by wrongwaywatson
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, wrongwaywatson said:

I am NOT a connoisseur of tea.  I plop a Lipton Tea Bag

True, Lipton hardly deserves the name tea !

And a tea bag needs to be left in a minimum of three minutes !

9 hours ago, wowzz said:

That is the problem - the water may be hot enough for herbal infusions etc, but not for "proper" tea !

I was going to say that you need to define 'Tea'. Gilbert Harding insisted you take the teapot to the kettle, not kettle to teapot. The latter lets the water come off boil 🙂

Edited by Tedferg

One strategy I have found to be effective is to get the hot (but not boiling) water from the dispenser and approach a crowd of people and ask "So what do you think of masking, traditional dining, formal night and chair hogs". The heat from the replies normally boils the water very quickly.

• Haha 2

If you have the coffee package then you can order tea from the medallion app on your phone and have it delivered to you in the buffet.  Not sure where that is being made...meaning, I'm not sure if the water is going to be hotter than getting it yourself at the buffet.

3 hours ago, Coffeeluvr05 said:

If you have the coffee package then you can order tea from the medallion app on your phone and have it delivered to you in the buffet.  Not sure where that is being made...meaning, I'm not sure if the water is going to be hotter than getting it yourself at the buffet.

I was debating on the coffee package, I really don't drink coffee, maybe an occasional latte so if tea is available elsewhere I'm not sure it's worth spending the money on the coffee package.  On the other hand, it's only $36 (or something like that) and at least I know you can get tea, coffee, fancy coffee's anytime I want and don't have to look too hard for it. 😀

4 hours ago, Coffeeluvr05 said:

If you are in the buffet and order through the app, they go to the dispensers that you can go to to get the hot water. I do not know if there is any effect but in the US McDonalds was sued because the tea or coffee was too hot and burned someone (even though it was her son's fault). She got something like $8 million dollars. They turned down the temperature after that.